Chapter 14-Purity

After I took Coldsteel's head and put it in a sack we quickly searched for a teleporter mage to teleport us back to Axel. If we were to walk two days to Axel, his head would get to smell badly. I carried the sack with the head over my shoulder. We found one mage and we told him to teleport us to Axel.

"Axel, you say?" the mage said. "That is not far. That will cost 50.000 eris for each of you."

I got 150.000 eris out of my pouch and gave them to the mage.

"I pay for Megumin and Yunyun as well" I told him.

"Good then, I will teleport you right now" the mage said. "Stand on this circle, all of you."

Me, Megumin and Yunyun walked into the circle and the mage started chanting. Soon, we were in the middle of Axel again, in front of the Adventurer's Guild. Yunyun went to the guild to continue her search for a party, taking Megumin with her and getting her something to eat to recover her energy.

I went to the barracks with Coldsteel's head in my sack and showed it to the leader of the guards. He congratulated me and gave me the promised 2.000.000 eris reward he promised me for bringing the outlaw's head.

"You can take the Neckbeard's head with you though" the guards' leader said. "I don't need it."

I took the sack with the head and went out of the barracks. As I wondered what to do with it a brilliant idea came to my mind.

What if I give it to a mage, to take the flesh off and then inlay the skull with silver and fashion it into a drinking cup? That would look cool.

(real Krum of Bulgaria hours)

I started to search for a mage shop to make a cup out of Coldsteel's skull. The first magic shop I went to had a female shopkeeper and she was shocked at what I asked her to do.

"Who do you take me for!? A common criminal? You better go ask Jakub for such services, he doesn't have scruples!" the shopkeeper rebuffed me.

"Where does that guy have his shop?" I asked her.

"Close to the eastern gate of the town" she answered.

I left the repulsed shopkeeper and went to the eastern gate of Axel. At one point I found a sinister building and above the door was a sign with writing on it. On the sign it was written Jakub's Magic Shop and I knew I reached the right place.

I entered the shop and a bald old man with a long beard greeted me.

"Welcome to my shop, youngster! I am Jakub, how may I be of help to you?" he asked me, a glitter in his eyes.

"I have a head here in this sack..."

And I opened the sack and showed Coldsteel's head to the shopkeeper. Unexpectedly, Jakub was not moved at all by what he saw, in fact he maintained his enthusiastic look.