Chapter 15- Disaster

Two more days have passed and the wound on my calf had healed. In the morning I went to Jakub's shop to pick up Coldsteel's skull and just as the mage had promised, it was finished. The skull had it's top sawed off and it was inlaid with silver both on the outside and on the inside.

 The skull had it's top sawed off and it was inlaid with silver both on the outside and on the inside

I thanked Jakub and left the shop.

This ought to give me some renown.

I returned to the inn and found Megumin still asleep in our room. I moved her arm a little to wake her up. Megumin opened her eyes slowly.

"Good morning!" I said to her.

"Good morning" Megumin returned my greeting. "Why did you wake me up so early?"

Her body started to wake up as well. I caressed her hair.

"Because I have brought something" I answered.

She moved into a sitting position in the bed. Megumin's hair was in disarray.

"What have you brought?" 

"This" I said, taking the silvery skull out of my peasant sling bag.

Megumin took it out of my hand and held it in her palms.

"It is beautiful! All the other adventurers will stare at us in jealousy!" she declared.

But of course, before going to the Adventurers' Guild, we needed to go outside of town and cast the daily Explosion spell.  When I finally entered the guild with Megumin in my back, I felt something rubbing against my leg. It was Chomusuke. I laid Megumin on a bench at a table and I seated myself beside her.

Chomusuke jumped on the bench and Megumin took it in her arms. I started petting Chomusuke's head. It made a cute face.

"You let it go freely everywhere" I said to her.

"I am not worried that it will run away" Megumin said.  "It is a loyal and cute furball."

"Good day, may I take your order?" a waitress came to our table.

"Ah, yes" I said, getting the drinking skull out of the bag.

I coughed twice, held my head up, closed my eyes and continued on, arrogantly.

"I want wine. No need to bring it in a tankard, just pour it inside of the skull."

I opened my eyes to see the waitress' reaction. She just stared at me awkwardly. After a few seconds of silence she opened her mouth.

"Anything else beside that?"

I ordered some chicken legs for myself and Megumin. I also ordered some cold, clean water for her.

Maybe when I will be seen drinking from the skull, people will be in awe.

When the waitress brought us our order, she poured wine into the skull and I started drinking from it.