Chapter 12-Aqua, again

When we returned to Axel, I sold the longsword of my slain enemy for a solid 300.000 eris. All in all, me and Megumin had 1.308.000 eris on us. We also went together to purchase some things. I paid the tailor to fix up the cut on my gambeson and I went to the weapons and armor shop. I bought a more expensive, stronger and heavier one-handed mace that had an iron handle. I also bought a chainmail shirt, a plain breastplate and plate shin guards. All of this left us with 400.000 eris.

Killing that warrior who robbed Megumin advanced me to level 9. Because of my training with Bearnard my strenght, stamina and vitality were high for my level. Until then, I spent all my skill points on increasing my fighting skill with maces. But I saved this skill point for a potential future when I would probably learn Explosion magic, to appease the absolute maniac that was Megumin. This was about to become a slow grind.

The drizzle outside stopped rather quickly and the sky was clear again.

We left the shop and Megumin asked me something.

Megumin asked me something.

"This business about killing criminals seems to be profitable. What if we look for bounties?" 

"I was about to ask you the same question" I answered. "But we aren't looking now."

"No, of course not!"

Megumin put on an eyepatch with a cross on it. I didn't get to see her wearing that yet.

"That's a stylish eyepatch. Where did you get that from?" I said.

"Thank you. I got it from a friend back in the Crimson Demon village..." Megumin answered. "Why do you ask?"

"The way things are looking so far, I might need one in the future, and not just for style!"

Megumin chuckled and leaned on me. I ran my fingers through her hair.

"Do you want to hang around with me at the Adventurer's Guild now?" Megumin asked me

"Yes. But first I need to go at Bearnard's place and tell him this wound on my forehead needs some rest, so I won't go training with him and he won't wait for me. If you run into Yunyun, don't hesitate to ask her to come too. We'll meet at the guild."

I went to Bearnard's house and told him that I would not go training today. When I was about to leave his house Bearnard pulled me a little.

"Y/n, I forgot to ask" he said. "Will you come and drink with me and the boys tonight?"

"Sure!" I answered.

I made my way towards the Adventurer's Guild and found Megumin in front of it.

"No sight of Yunyun?" I asked her.

"No. But she'll surely show up at some point" Megumin answered.

"Let's get in then."

I took her hand and we got inside the guild. The adventurers were celebrating something and there was a huge commotion inside.

"She might even have the chance to defeat the Demon King!" I heard someone shout.

"Such impressive skills! This Arch-Priestess will surely succeed in everything she does!" I heard someone else.

In the middle of the agitated crowd I could distinguish who they were celebrating. It was a young attractive woman, with blue clothes and hair...

Aqua. Oh shit. What if she remembers me?

When I died, she seemed to hold some contempt for me for the fact that I died trying to join a criminal gang.

"What happened, Y/n? Why are you so uneasy all of a sudden?" Megumin crashed my train of thought.