Epilogue

After joining Kazuma's party, I searched around the town for the woman that tried to set me up to kill Kazuma and I didn't find her. I had the suspicion that she was probably an agent of the Demon King, trying to either entrap me by making me murder Kazuma or trying to assassinate Kazuma for some reason.

I sold the extra maces I had on me and recovered some of the money I wasted on buying manatites back in Manatitown. I also met Darkness, the other member in Kazuma's party. She was a crusader with some really weird mannerisms. The reaction she had when she saw my drinking skull... I wonder what is up with her.

Aqua, on the other hand, seemed to forget that she sent me to this world. In fact, she believed I was native to it! Her behaviour only served to make my doubt of her godliness stronger.

Kazuma himself turned out to be a good lad, though I witnessed some instances that painted a clear picture on why the townspeople were calling him Kazutrash. But as a chuuni weirdo, I was not too better off. 

I needed to take responsibility for Megumin after Kazuma saw that she was only able and willing to cast Explosion magic, as he was unwilling to keep her in the party otherwise.

But a few days have passed since I joined his party. We slept in a stable during the night and did some little adventures during the day.

But right now, I am sitting on the bank of the river with Kazuma, fishing.

"If only you were this insanely lucky with money, Kazuma!" I say to him. "I only caught 1 fish. You caught 4!"

"You would be richer if you listened to me about Aqua!" Kazuma responds.

Did I mention I had lent a lot of money to Aqua? That was a mistake I will never repeat again.

"Anyway, it is getting close to sunset, we should get back home" Kazuma says, getting up.

Home is the stables we are sleeping in during the night. When we reach the stables, Darkness and Aqua run towards us to greet.

"Kazuma-san! Kazuma-san! You're finally here! I am hungry!" Aqua shouts at him.

"Hold on! We only caught five fishes today! I will not allow you to eat more than one!" Kazuma responds.

But Darkness stays aside, reserved.

"There is only two of you here" I say to her.

"Megumin is inside the stable, playing with a cat that just came inside. The cat... It... It..." Darkness is starting to blush.

"What did the cat do?" I ask.

"It clawed at my hand."

There is so much restraint and pleasure in her tone. Did she enjoy that?

"A-are you the one to gut the fish today?" Darkness asks.

"If needed. Though I hope not" I answer.

As Aqua and Kazuma are getting into an argument again, I open the door to the stable and find Megumin on the stable floor, happily playing with Chomusuke in her arms.

This amount of cuteness should be illegal. It is nearly enough to murder me.

We were finally happy that we found a party to be in.