Chapter 18

"Welcome back beautiful" I heard Buck's bright voice as I fluttered my eyes open.

"Buck" I smiled contently.

"I've never loved hearing you say my name more" he smiled leaning forward quickly to give me a gentle kiss.

"I'm done? It's over? I made it?" I asked almost in shock.

"It's over baby, the doctor said you did well and I can take you home in a few days" he rubbed my head gently.

"Home" I smiled.

I couldn't wait to be back home. Back with Buck where I belonged.

"Yeah, home." He ran his thumb along my cheek softly. "And the doctor said I can stay here until you're ready to go home. They're going to bring me something to sleep on"

"Babe, I can't ask you to do that. You're going to be so uncomfortable"

"Not as uncomfortable as it is sleeping without you. I'll be right here next to you until you can go home with me. I'm not leaving here without you, don't try to convince me" he chuckled.

"Thank you for being here for all of this" I motioned around me.

"No where else in the world I'd rather be than right here with you"

"I love you so much" I smiled slightly at him.

"I love you so much too. I'm going to go tell everyone you're awake...you ready for some visitors?" He looked at me with a smile.

"So ready" I giggled.

"I'll be back love" he kissed my forehead quickly before walking out the door.

I was so grateful to have him. The few days leading up to the surgery were not only a bit of a blur but also the emptiest few days I had ever known. Having him back by my side was exactly what I needed to get through everything.

Every night I was in the hospital he was by my side, sleeping on an uncomfortable surface just to be next to me at night. Any time he could, he was at the hospital holding my hand and agreeing with me that we couldn't wait to be home.

"Here we are, finally home" Buck smiled opening our front door when my time at the hospital was complete.

"It feels so good to be home" I breathed in the air of our place.

"It feels so good to have you home" he kissed my temple before helping me to the couch.

"Comfortable?" He asked draping a blanket over me.

"Would be more comfortable if you were next to me" I joked with a laugh.

"I'm going to get you something to drink and then I'm all yours" he kissed the top of my head.

He came back with a mug of tea in hand. After handing it out to me he settled on the couch where he pulled the blanket a little over himself.

"I really am so glad you're home" he shot me a slight smile.

"Me too" I grabbed his hand gently.

"Movie?" He turned his head against the back of the couch to look at me.

"Sounds amazing" I smiled.

He got up to grab the remotes. Watching him gather what he needed I couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of adoration for him. I loved him with everything I had.

"Baby?" I asked softly as he approached the couch.

"Yeah love?" He looked at me worried.

"Can we find a way to cuddle?" I slightly smiled.