Chapter 19

"I can't believe this, I'm turning into you" I giggled as I dug around our place.

"What are you looking for babe?" Buck asked with a laugh coming out of our room.

"My keys, I know they're around here somewhere" I looked under the couch.

"Sweetheart?" He asked slowly.

"Yes baby?" I asked looking up at him.

"They're on the kitchen counter next to your phone charger" he smiled at me.

"They can't be, I just looked there" I said shocked as he picked up my set of keys.

I threw my head back and exhaled.

"What is wrong with me?" I ran my hands down my face.

"Hey, hey. It's your first day back and you're getting your tests to see if all the cancer is gone" Buck explained making his way to me. "It's normal you're going to be a little frantic today" he rubbed my shoulders now that I was in a standing position.

"I know, I know. I just hate this feeling" I sighed.

"Well I think you may need to get used to it quick because once we're engaged you're going to be frantic with wedding planning" he chuckled pulling me to him by my hips.

"Oh yeah? Any idea on when that might be?" I smirked at him.

"Our wedding? I'm guessing we'll have to find a venue first and see what's open with them" he smirked back. He knew what I meant.

"I meant when we're going to get engaged 'for real'" I emphasized the air quotes around the words for real with a smile.

"You know I think I heard this phrase about good things coming to those who wait or something like that?" He lightly laughed.

"Yeah, I've heard that one. Have you heard the one about the girlfriend really loving the boyfriend and not being able to wait until she marries him?" I giggled wrapping my arms around his middle and giving him a squeeze.

"I have not heard that one but I bet the boyfriend loves the girlfriend so much he'd do anything and everything for her that he could including asking her to be his wife...when the time is right" he took my face in both his hands and kissed me slowly.

"Fine, you win. Is this punishment because of the last time you proposed?" I laughed.

"Little bit" he motioned with his thumb and pointer finger with a laugh.

"You're lucky I love you" I giggled.

"I know I am" he brought me to him for one more soft kiss. "Go on, you don't want to be late for your first day back at work" he smiled planting another kiss to my cheek.

"Be back as soon as possible" I smiled finally parting from him.

"Say hi to Annabel for me" he called as I made my way to the door.

"I will!" I yelled opening the door.

"Babe?" He said right as I was about to walk out the door.

"Yeah?" I turned back to face him.

"Have a great first day back at work and good luck with your tests. If you need anything I'm a call away"

"Thank you, I know. I love you" I smiled before heading out the door.

While I was recovering, my family, Maddie, Annabel, and Buck's family from the station had dropped by quite frequently whether it be to check up on me, bring us food or just come to help us pass the time. During that time we had all grown to be very close I loved all of them dearly.