30: Emperor

The imperial army has begun mustering it's forces, encamped at the city of Qel, five days south from the capital. Inside the commander's tent, the room was decorated with various riches and treasures. The emperor sat on his throne and ordered his lieutenant.

"Organize the army and be prepared to depart in three days, it's time we show my younger brother his place."

Aldren's PoV(Emperor)

That accursed little brother of mine, how dare he defy Father's decision on crowning me Emperor. I'm the first born, I should be Emperor, yet he made me flee the capital, our Nation's symbol of power, for that he must pay in blood.

The imperial army is reorganized, with a force of sixty thousand imperial soldiers, twenty thousand more on the way. I should be able to subjugate his smaller army which only numbered ten thousand.

The resistance and Hakuroku Kingdom had begun to make their move, however they are insignificant at the moment.

A large garrison was stationed at the v
Border fortress of Dad, the fortress between Hakuroku and my mighty empire.

"Your Majesty word from our spies. It appears that the traitorous Prince had been gathering his forces to the capital. By the time our army arrives at the capital, they would have finished preparing their defenses, bolstered their numbers and receive aid from their allies."

"It matters not, our soldiers are superior in number and well trained, I doubt our forces would lose against untrained peasants."

After dismissing the spy, I continued observing the army's preparation. The prime minister entered the tent with a stern look on his face.

I dismissed the guards and told him to sit, he nodded and complied.

"Are the preparations completed your Majesty?"

"Yes, with your help, I was able to escape the capital, rally my forces to reclaim the capital."

The prime minister shook his head and told me.

"I'm only doing my duty as a servant of the crown."

I rang a bell and several maids entered and prepared tea.

"I'm blessed to have a loyal vassal such as yourself."

The prime minister slid a document to me with a serious look on his face, I picked it up and asked.

"What is this?"

"An imperial degree to brand Price Leonard and the nobles of his factions as rebels. Please sign it."

"If that's the case, servant fetch me a quill and ink."

The maid nodded and left the room, moments later returned with the things I asked.

With this my revenge will be completed. Just you wait Leonard.