05: Yuni part 04

Author's Note: I'm really enjoying writing this story, there might be a plot hole or two, but please point it out so I can fix it later. Anyways enjoy and don't hesitate to comment.

Akane POV

Few hours after our departure Yuni and I began setting up camp.

Few hours after our departure, Yuni and I found an idea stop outside the forest to set up camp. We looked at each other and took out the tent, as I was setting up camp I nonchalantly told Yuni.

"Could you stay here for a moment Yuni, I'm going inside the forest to look for some berries, I wanna make a stew with berries."

"Can I come with you Akane?"

Yuni asked with a worried look on her face, I looked down and noticed her knees shaking. I sighed and told her.

"The forest is really dangerous, especially at night. I can traverse the forest quickly on my own. But I bring you with me, it might cause dome trouble."

"I know, but still I wanna come with you."

Yuni had a determined look on her face, I unintentionally smiled at her, lightly patting her head, reassuring her I told her in a gentle tone.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be back in no time, plus I know the forest really well, that's why I want you to stay here, where it's safe."

Although reluctant Yuni agrees to stay behind, I smiled and unsheathed my dagger and ran in the forest with haste. I ran around the forest in the dead of night, carefully surveying my surroundings.

Avoiding predators and monsters, I made my way beside a water fall, where fresh wild berries grew. Upon gathering a good amount of berries, stuffing them in my pouch, I ran back to the campsite without further delay.

As I made my way closer to the campsite, my body tensed up, I felt something odd. I surveyed my surrounding yet found nothing suspicious.

Upon entering around the campsite, I noticed that Yuni isn't beside the campfire. I looked around the camp, my body froze as I saw a man pinning down Yuni, whilst repeatedly stabbing her.

Overcoming my fear, I unsheathed my dagger, sneaked behind the man and stabbed him in the neck.

"Akane?"

Upon hearing Yuni's surprised voice, I pushed the man's body aside and I rushed beside Yuni, hugging her tightly, teary eyed I told her.

"This is all my fault, I should have brought you with me, if I did this wouldn't have happened. I'm sorry, please forgive me, please don't die!"

As I began crying Yuni wiped the tears with her hand, she weakly smiled and shook her head and told me.

"D-Don't blam- blame yourself I-It's not your fault Akane."

"Stop talking, I'll look around let's go back home, I'm sure dad could fix you up like last time."

I told Yuni, trying to reassure her and myself, my hands were shaking, what am I even saying, she has a fatal stab wound on her neck, how could father save her?!?

As if trying to push me away from her, with a grim expression on her face Yuni shouted.

"Run!!!"

Hearing the footsteps of two, I turned around and saw two men clad in armor, sword drawn and murderous intent directed at me. I turned towards Yuni, whom has blurred eyes, dragging her away whilst maintaining eye contact with the two men.

I gripped my dagger as they slowly approached, an ominous aura emits from behind me, slowly turning around I saw a girl with sharp claws, Scarlet eyes and pointed ears.