ten

"How rude of me I never even asked your name." Jungkook smiles as he and the omega are seated in a booth at a local coffeehouse. The omega looking down at his lap politely.

"My name is Kinjo."

He nods. "Well, Kinjo. I'm Jungkook, please address me by my name. No need for rank or formalities, I'd like to consider us friends."

"F-friends?"

The younger's surprise is almost cute, the way his eyes widen a little. Unsure of why in the world such a strong alpha would want him to drop formalities.

"Yes, meaning..." Jungkook pauses as he softly raises the boy's chin. "You don't have to bow your head, you're obedient and polite, a good omega."

Kinjo's eyes light up. "You think so?"

A simple nod answers the question while a waiter walks up to them, taking their orders before leaving again. Tilting his head a little he can tell the omega is shy and frantically looking for something to talk about.

"I wanted to ask you something about your time in school." He says, catching the poor boy a little off guard. With wide eyes Kinjo nods his head.

The schooling system is a little difficult. As a kids the ranks get separated when going to school. Alpha, omega's and beta's get taught differently. The curriculum for Alpha is the hardest, starting they one they're expected to work hard and it isn't until college that they get to choose what they want to do for themselves. Besides the normal classes they are expected to engage in after school clubs, play instruments and sports.

Omega's however are forbidden to participate in sport clubs and have an equally as hard curriculum, they are too forced to be in after school clubs.

Beta's have it easier, though they have the same curriculum as alpha's and omega's they're not forced to join clubs and do not have extra behaviour classes or classes that focus on alpha and omega specific things.

Their classes are apart and only at lunch and in the after school clubs do the rank mingle. Besides that they're apart and don't learn about each other from one another. Of course they get taught in school what an omega is but Jungkook did notice that in real life it's different from what's thought.

Though he doesn't mind the old school approach, there's certain parts he doesn't like about it. He himself has of course been in alpha classes, he doesn't know much to little about what onega's get thought and he's failed to pick up a book to read into it.

"What did you want to know?" Kinjo asks, eyes nervously looking anywhere but the alpha. Not used to the relaxed nature of the conversation.

"You can bow your head." Jungkook says, leaning on his hand. "If that makes you more comfortable."

Immediately the omega bows his head again, feeling more comfortable like this. Looking an alpha straight in the eyes could he considered challenging them and seen as rude.

"You're very polite, did they teach you that in school?" He asks, wondering about what they teach the omega's about alpha's. Most omega's are submissive, Kinjo seems extra submissive. Of course it's in his nature but this isn't the norm.

"Yes, plus I had to alpha parents who were very strict."

Jungkook frowns. "Can you tell me about your childhood?" He asks, feeling like the omega didn't really have one. Omega's with alpha parents usually are brought up unreasonably strict.

"I didn't really have one."

Nodding his head he finds himself feeling a little sorry for the kid. He himself grew up with and alpha father and omega mother, his father was very open minded and pretty much allowed him and his brother to do whatever.

"Have you ever gotten in trouble?"

Kinjo shakes his head furiously. "No, I didn't dare to."

Jungkook frowns even deeper, folding his hands together as he thinks. How could a child not get in trouble? It's only natural for them to act out.

"How old are you?"

"Nineteen, alpha- I mean Jungkook."

"Call me whatever, do you still live at home." His eyebrows raise a little when he watches the boy nod. So he still isn't free to do whatever. "You can't move out?"

"I want to but my parents refuse to financially support me."

Tapping his fingers against the table Jungkook leans back, watching as a waitress put their drinks down. Kinjo thanks her but he's too deep in thought to speak up and thank her as well.

He never thought about things that way, that the pressure on omega's to obey gets in the way living like a kid should. Beta's are free to do whatever, Alpha's pretty much free as well, besides the busy schedule but omega's...

The pressure of society must put immense weight on parents their shoulders to raise them right. Especially with children from rich families, they can't have their son's and daughters embarras them with disrespectful behaviour.

"Would you mind a roommate?" He then asks, unsure what motivates him.

Kinjo shakes his head.

"I have two spare bedroom's, my parents finance all of it so there would be no rent." He says slowly, looking at the omega's reaction.

"B-but you don't even know me, I don't know you, would you want me to pay with—"

"Calm down." He reaches forward, putting his hands on the fumbling ones of the omega. "It's an offer, if you'd feel more comfortable getting to know me first I completely understand. I'm not doing this to sleep with you either." He explains, softly releasing his hands.

"Then may I ask why you're doing it, I don't mean to be rude but it's not your responsibility to care for me." He looks genuinely confused.

Jungkook is a bit thrown off, he doesn't have an immediate explanation and does need a second to think about this.

"I guess it's because..." he looks away, staring at the people walking past the window. "Alpha's look out for omega's, you're obviously not happy, I want to help you."

Kinjo for the first time looks up at him, eyes wide and filled with tears that are threatening to spill.

"I-I didn't know there were alpha's like you."

Jungkook chuckles.

He didn't know he was an alpha like this either.