Arc 8 - Snowman (planning only)

"Somebody's wish magically brings me to life."

--

14-year old Kagamine Len's life is slowly crumbling into one that no one desires. His single mother is bedridden, suffering from a terminal illness that none of the doctors can cure. Len's desperate - he doesn't want the only person he's ever loved to die in front of his eyes, leaving him cold, alone, and helpless.

So he begins to lie. He begins to lie about his wellbeing, his results, his school life, and his achievents - hoping it'll keep her happy and cure her sickness.

But how long does it take until guilt finally eats away at your heart, after continuously lying to the bedridden person you love the most?

It's childish of him, but with nobody to vent his bubbling feelings to, Len runs out into the snow and builds and snowman, before kneeling in front of the snowman, crying, and confessing all his wrongdoings.

The snowman comes alive.

"To draw out the black in our hearts, I am made of pure white."

--

Character info:

Len - 14 years old - Main Character
Desperate, emotional. Tries his best to make sure that his mother takes her medicine, doesn't feel sick, eats her meals, etc. Stubbornly refuses to accept the fact that she has terminal illness, instead blaming the doctors for being useless. Has no friends outside of school, and is failing both his theoretical and physical exams. Ignoring them, he dedicate his time solely on his mother, landing him in all sorts of troubles.

Kaito - Unspecified Age - 2nd Main Character

14 year old Kaito (flashback) - Smart. Scored well in exams without trying. The only thing he ever cared about was his mother. When his mother died, Kaito's grades and skills fell drastically, leaving him as a stubborn boy who refused to study - since he never had to before. When child protection services realised he was living by himself, off the supplies left at home, they came after him to give him a place to actually live, but he stubbornly refused and ran away. While hiding, an avalanche occurred just where he was, and he was buried under the snow.

Snowman Kaito (main) - Kind, comforting, discerning - trying to make sure Len doesn't repeat the same mistakes he did. He has a somewhat human form, albeit the weird hair colour. He's also kind of selfish, not really feeling sad or pity for Len when his mother dies.

Explanation:
14 y/o Kaito's mother is dying, so he tries everything to save her. He refuses to let her die. She promises him that she will always be with him. However, she still dies and Kaito, heartbroken and sobbing, blames her for lying. He refuses to go back to school or continue anything he used to. When the Child Protection Services realise that he, a 14 year old, is living by himself, they come after him. Stubbornly, he runs away and hides from them. While hiding, an avalanche occurs just where he is, burying him under the snow and causing him to suffocate to death.

When he opens his eyes, he realises he's in the fragile body of a snowman, built by a 14y/o boy named Len. Len's mother is dying and with no one to vent to, he builds a Snowman and wishes that the Snowman would come to live and help him. The snow body turns into [insert Kaito's Project Diva Snowman Module] and Kaito finds himself able to move and talk to Len. The only problem is he can't move from his spot. He still hears Len out and tries his best to help the child who is in the position he once was, imagining that Len's mother is his own.

Len's mother, like Kaito's, still dies anyway. Len goes to a slightly melting Kaito and sobs his heart out. However, Kaito does not feel as much sadness. Suddenly, Kaito is transported back in the past; he is a snowman. He sees his past self, crying and kneeling at the snowman's round lower body, begging for advice. Kaito does everything to help his younger self but in the end, his mother dies anyway. Kaito begins crying and sobbing, but halfway, he suddenly realises that he only cared for his mother - he didn't feel sad when Len's one died. He starts to call himself names and tells himself how selfish he is. As he regrets his actions, he melts away.

He wakes up for the last time, in Len's time. He's in the same spot as his snowman form, except this time he can move. He realises he has been given a human form and decides to go to Len. From that point onwards, they become friends

unfinished

covers ^^^

covers ^^^