Arc 6 - Chapter 5 (323 words)

"Ah... I, uh, c-came here for lunch...." Miku stuttered, shock overwhelming her.

Megurine-sensei.

She'd just bumped into Megurine-sensei outside of school.

She'd just applied first aid to Megurine-sensei's daughter.

Megurine-sensei had a daughter.

Everything was a mess inside Miku's head. A cacophony of horrible, whirling noises built up inside her head, and it felt as if her soul had left her body.

"Rana, are you okay?" Megurine-sensei asked, turning to her daughter. Clearly, she found talking to Miku outside of school as awkward as Miku found talking to her.

"Mommy, she helped me!" Rana exclaimed, tugging at Megurine-sensei's shirt before pointing at her bandaged wound. "She gave me a ma... magic plaster! So my cut doesn't hurt anymore."

Megurine-sensei's eyes widened. "You did...?" She asked Miku, who hesitantly nodded.

"It's nothing much..." Miku whispered. "Are you going to eat here? I mean, my table has empty seats..."

The words tumbled out of Miku's mouth before she even knew it. Panic jolted through her when she suddenly realized what she'd said. "A-ah..."

"Are you... sure we can..?" Megurine-sensei asked hesitantly. Miku nodded slowly, her body moving a completely different accord from what her mind told her to do.

Megurine-sensei lifted Rana up and sat down across Miku. Wriggling out of her grasp, Rana crawled under the table and happily emerged on Miku's side.

"So, your name's Rana, right?" Miku asked, turning to the child. Rana paused for a few seconds, before nodding her head. She didn't look at Miku as she replied.

"Yep!"

"How old are you?" Miku asked. Once again, Rana paused, before starting to count on her fingers. "Umm, um, five! I'm five! I'm a bi...big? Big girl now!"

Miku couldn't help but giggle a little.

"Rana, what do you want to eat?" Megurine-sensei asked, passing a kid's menu over the table. Still awkward, Miku took it and showed it to the little girl, who pointed at a plate of spaghetti.

unfinished

I'm pretty sure I wrote much much more than this but I probably lost them when I switched phones

I know I finished this chapter and the next, but welp, it's lost