Arc 9 - Chapter 2 (1253 words)

Chapter 2 - The Brunette With The Bloodstained Sword

It hurt...

It hurt..

Something felt really painful.

It hurt...

What was even hurting me, anyway?

'I'm here again...'

Wait - Oh God.

Oh God, no.

I woke up with a start. I could feel it. It was digging deeper into my skin.

'Doesn't it feel so good? Don't you want more?'

I wanted to scream for help, but...

But Miku.

I didn't want to wake her up. I didn't want to have her comfort me again. I didn't want to trouble her or wake her up again - that would make me even more pathetic.

Whatever it was digged deeper into my ribs.

I winced, squeezing my eyes shut.

'Does it not feel good? Come on, you're lying to yourself.'

The feeling and the voice was imaginary. They had to be. Nothing was hurting me. Nothing was touching me.

Please, stop it! I screamed internally. Biting my tongue to prevent myself from letting out a sound, tears began to form in my eyes. Not again...! I was truly pathetic and I knew it.

I could feel its hands on me. They were coming for me. They were right there.

They were hallucinations, right? There wasn't anything there. Nothing was there. I couldn't be hurt.

Something jabbed me hard. I yelped before slapping a hand over my mouth to shut myself up.

No. I couldn't cry out. I didn't want to wake Miku up.

'You're trying not to wake her up? How cute.'

I could hear her shuffling. She sat up, and she glanced at me.

I closed my eyes.

Miku. I'm sleeping. I'm definitely not awake. Internally, I begged for her not to wake up.

"Kaito, did anything happen?"

I continued squeezing my eyes tight, not reacting to her words.

"Kaito...?"

Miku, I'm sleeping! Nothing's happening, I swear!

Whatever the thing was hurt me again. I bit my tongue and let out a very soft groan.

Miku hadn't seen or heard it, so she examined me one more time before she layed back down. I waited until I heard her breathing slow to the pace of an unconscious person.

Stop it...

I turned around. To face my fears. I didn't want to feel so lame and pathetic anymore. I wanted to see the hallucination clearly, to see what they looked like. Maybe I could just confront my fears and -

Huge mistake.

I screamed, before stuffing my pillow in my mouth to shut myself up.

'You don't want to wake her up, do you?' She said to me. The figure was barely clear enough to make out, but I could tell she had short, dark brown hair. Her clothes were stained, and her eyes shone a bloodshot maroon.

In her hand wielded a bloodsoaked sword - it was what had been jabbing me the entire night.

I bit down hard on the pillow, scurrying away as fast as I could.