(Lippa) One Glance

Trigger warning... Bullying...

Third persons pov
"Wow the new kid is such a wuss" said Adam, "Yea, he's not even fighting back," said Brandon. Steven sat on the kids chest and repeatedly started to punch his face. The group of teenage jocks continued to kick and punch the new kid, all because of one glance.

Phillipa's pov
I just finished my last club for the day and started to walk down the empty hall towards the exit of the school. I was about 5 meters away from the boy's locker room when a bunch of the jocks came out of the door.

I saw Steven but didn't call on him wanting a little space, I sat on one of the benches waiting for the group to leave the school premises so I could too.

Just as I was getting up to leave, a very beaten up boy walked out of the locker room. He wasn't limping but it looked like his arm was broken, and his face was dripping blood.

I walked up to him "Excuse me?" I asked, he turned around slowly but didn't lift his head, I heard his voice. It was soft and bearly audible, "Yea?" even though it was one word his voice cracked.

His hood was up so I couldn't see much of his face, "Are you ok?" I asked, he nodded and started to back away from me. "Wait! Where are you going? sit down... I can help you" I said, starting to get concerned for him.

"That's what they said..." he whispered to himself but I heard it, I reached over to touch his shoulder. As soon as I made contact he harshly pushed my hand away and whimpered "Please stop... D-don't hurt me".

My heart broke, I've never seen somebody in this much pain, "I'm not gonna hurt you, please I just want to help you... Trust me?" I heard him let out a strangled sigh.

He lifted his, from what I assume 'not broken' arm and pushed his hood back, it revealed his hair that was drenched in blood.

I frowned, he lifted his head slowly and looked me in the eye, his face covered in blood but I could still recognize him, he had the same eyes that melted me in math class earlier, it's the new kid...

I put my hand out for him to hold it so I could lead him to the girl's locker room. He slowly place his shaking hand onto mine, I wrapped my fingers around his soft hand to stop it from shaking.

It worked, I slowly lead him to the locker room, once we reach I pushed and held the door so he could walk in. I told him to sit on the bench so I could take a look at his bruises.

I had volleyball practice today, so I had a spare rag in my bag. I wet the rag, walked over to him and knelt, I gently started to wipe the blood off his face. Every time I wipe more of the blood off it reveals even more cuts.

"Why are you helping me?" he mumbled as he looked me in the eye, normally eye contact did nothing to me, even with Steve. But this new guy, damn, his eyes can turn me to soup.

"Why not? Would you rather me just think you don't exist?" I asked back, he looked down at his arm and said "Well, I wouldn't be surprised, after all everybody just didn't bother I was there.".

He thinks he wasn't noticed? I noticed him as soon as he walked into math class. He was very happy, there was a sparkle in his eye, he had an adorable smile on. I was also weirdly attracted to the way he dressed, the hoodie and jeans, so normal yet it suited him perfectly, his cute multicolored vans, and then his book bag that had a bunch of Broadway shows embroidered in.

"What do you mean? Nobody talked to you?" I asked genuinely surprised because he seemed like such a sweet soul. "Nope, nobody even spared a glance..." silence.

"... I guess that's what I get for being like this" he sighed, I immediately asked back "Being like what?", "A theatre kid. The jocks, they wouldn't stop making fun of my shoes and made sure I got blood all over my bag... They don't like the way I am..." I felt like punching all of those stupid jocks. They did this to a bunch of kids but usually, it's just the kids that show interest in the jocks boyfriends or girlfriends.