Chew On My Heart (Bucky Barnes)

Bucky Barnes X Reader

Warnings: strong mentions of fonduing

Inspiration: Chew on My Heart - James Bay

------------------------------------------------------------------

Take your time, I'll be right here
I know no one could ever love me better
Take all night, you're the truth that is breaking me
And keeping me together, together

(Y/N) had never intended to have a one night stand with Bucky Barnes, she knew he was using her, but she was using him. She was new to the Avengers at the time. Clint had bought her in like a stray kitten. She was a mess and couldn't sleep, Bucky was awake and one thing led to another, they both ended up forgetting thier troubles.

I wanna be in your touch
Sleep is so tough, you're burning up my mind
What would it feel like if you tore me apart?
Come on, chew on my heart
I wanna be in your touch
Sleep is so tough, you're burning up my mind
What would it feel like if you tore me apart?
Come on, chew on my heart

She knew just as much as he did they probably shouldn't be doing what they were doing. (Y/N) was so cold towards Bucky during the day, but come nightfall and things changed. Bucky was being played, used. He'd done this millions of times before the war. So why did it hurt so much this time? Why did it hurt when (Y/N) couldn't even spare him a glance?

I'm on fire, I'm a hot mess
I'm thinking things that I might start regretting
So hear me out, I need you now
I'm spiralling, I'm sinking down
Look for me, I'm sending up a message
A message

(Y/N) had spent her days trying her best to avoid the assassin, she didn't want to catch feelings for her booty call that just wasn't something people did, especially when her booty call was The Winter Soldier. She was suprised he even rembered her name, but it sounded so natural rolling of off his tounge. Her plan to avoid catching feelings by avoiding him had failed, epicly. She'd fallen hard and she longed for more then just meaningless sex to help them forget. She wanted dates and flowers and hand holding, she wanted him, all of him.

I wanna be in your touch
Sleep is so tough, you're burning up my mind
What would it feel like if you tore me apart?
Come on, chew on my heart
I wanna be in your touch
Sleep is so tough, you're burning up my mind
What would it feel like if you tore me apart?
Come on, chew on my heart

That night as (Y/N) left Bucky's room she felt it had been diffrent. Almost emotinal, loving. Not rough and meaningless like the many times before, but something real and raw. Because it had been, Bucky had made the stupid mistake of not keeping his emotions in check that night and when she walked out the lab door without even looking, back he felt his heart break a little bit.

She couldn't sleep that night even after being fucked sensless, all she could think of was how diffrent it felt. How loving it seemed, sure it was still rough and fast, but Bucky had seemed more gentle with her in a way she couldn't really explain, because the marks that littered on her body would suggest otherwise.

(Ooh, ooh)
Tear me apart
(Ooh, ooh)
Tear me apart

I wanna be in your touch
Sleep is so tough, it's burning up my mind

Bucky knew what he was about to do next was a dumb decision, he also knew that (Y/N) was most likely asleep. She always was after she left, he'd checked, it sounds creepier than it was. He simply wanted to make sure she was well rested.

By the time he found himself outside her bedroom door he hadn't really thought things through. His hand was resting mid air about to knock on the door when he began to doubt his actions. What would he say? Would she even reciprocate his feelings? Was he good enough for her? Did any of that matter if this all just ended in one great big mess? He was about to turn around when the door swung open. (Y/N)'s tiny frame stood in the doorway, she hadn't known he would be there, she'd wanted to go back to his room and tell him how she felt. No matter how messily things would turn out once she did. Now she saw him stood there outside her bedroom door and she didn't know what to say, luckily he spoke first.

"I love you" he blurted out not really thinking before speaking. She stood in scilence for a moment trying to comprehend his words, his doubts begining to seep back in.

"Then stay" she replied at long last, he happily obliged not thinking about the conceques if he did. That night he stayed in her bed, just holding her and for once he slept.

What would it feel like if you tore me apart?
Come on, chew on my heart
I wanna be in your touch
Sleep is so tough, you're burning up my mind
What would it feel like if you tore me apart?
Come on, chew on my heart

(Ooh, ooh
Ooh, ooh
Ooh, ooh
Ooh, ooh)