Amnesia: Part 3 (Bucky Barnes)

Bucky Barnes X Reader

Warnings: multiple parts, this is the final part

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The months passed by and slowly Bucky began to remember more, with Steve there to help him and remind him of things his progress was quicker than (Y/N)'s but she was just as happy for him everytime he remembered something, even if it was just a small thing. 

They grew close until the night came where FRIDAY called on (Y/N) to help Bucky one night instead of Steve. She had already been awake, suffering from her own nightmares but she paid no mind to that as she hurried to Buckys room.

She knocked gently on the door, announced her arrival and pushed it open. Her eyes scanned the dark room until she spotted Bucky sitting on the floor by his bed, knees pulled to his chest as tears fell from his eyes.

"Bucky?" (Y/N) called out, cautiously, softly.

"(Y/N)?" came the reply as he wiped his eyes and tried to locate her in the room.

"Yeah, I'm here" she whispered as she stepped closer to him and knelt down onto the floor next to him, Bucky instantly shifted to pull her into him holding her close. "Do you want to talk about it" she asked as her arms wound round him to return the hug.

"They took you from me" he whispered "they took you and I couldn't get you back"

"Hydra?" (Y/N) asked, Buckys head shifted in what she assumed was a nod "They won't take me Buck, I won't let them. I'm not going anywhere I promise" she continued to murmer reassurences into his ear until he settled back to sleep, still holding her in his arms. She tried to sleep but the discomfort of the position mixed with the sleeping weight of the man on top of her meant she couldn't. Carefully, gently, she nudged him awake. 

He just barely opened his eyes and somewhat understood that she was trying to get him to sleep in the bed. He had mumbled a few words of protest at first and tried to settle back to sleep where they were until he heard her reassuring voice.

"I'm not going to leave if thats what you're afraid off" he slowly shifted off the floor at her words, lifting her with him and plopping her into the bed before climbing in after and pulling the covers over them. He curled into her and allowed sleep to take him as she combed her hands through his hair. 

"You're awake" a voice growled at (Y/N)

"I'm not" she protested, recognising the surrounding and desperatly willing her body to wake up.

"You won't stay with him" the voice came again.

"You can't make me leave either. I won't, I made a promise and I intend to keep it" she snapped, although she was quickly loosing herself to the dream. The longer she was there the more real it felt until she was calling out in a nightmare of her own and yet all she could think of, all she could hope for was that she didn't wake Bucky. 

Those thoughts were quickly ripped away as his hands shook her awake, gently but with a sense of urgency. She sucked in a deep breath as she quickly took in her suroundings.

"Sorry did I wake you?" she mumbled, eyes adjusting to the dark.

"No, I got up to get some water and you were thrashing about in the bed" he reassured. She pushed herself up the bed and reached round him for the water, downing it all. He laughed "maybe ask next time before finishing my water" 

"you'll get over it you big baby" she retorted as she snuggled back under the duvet and back to sleep. She just about registered Bucky's arms around her as she fell into a deep undisturbed slumber.

~

As light poured into the room the next morning (Y/N) stired in her sleep, one of Bucky's arms was wrapped around her holding her close to his side. The other fumbling with his phone. She shifted up just enough to look at the screen.

"What are you doing?" she asked. He looked down at her and as if on insitinct he placed a soft kiss on the top of her head.

"morning sweetheart" he mumbled, sleep still lacing his voice. Her face turned red as she realised what he'd said and he was quick to apologise, but soon a smirk fell over her face.

"you missed" she hummed.

"what?" 

"if your going to give me a sloppy morning kiss you can at least hit the target" she giggled and there was that smile that he loved, though this time it was laced with mischive and he wanted nothing more than to wipe it off her face.

"You know I think I've just about figured this whole snapchat thing out" he grinned.

"what does that have to do with anythin-" His lips brushed against hers, the sloppy morning kiss wasn't all  that sloppy after all and even after years of being out of practice Bucky was still a great kisser. And then she heard it, the unmistakable sound of the snapchat camera. She pulled back and desperatly tried to grasp at the phone but before she could Bucky had sent it off to the group chat and the messages were already flooding in.

"asshole I knew he was trying to set us up" Bucky grumbled as he read Steves victory message.

"oh shush" (Y/N) tutted placing a gentle kiss on his cheek before beginning to clamber out of bed.

"Don't think you're getting away that easily, haven't even had morning cuddles yet" Bucky said wrapping his arms round her waist and pulling her back into his chest.

"fucking cinimon roll" she mumbled, looking up to see Buckys expression matching her own, a bright warm smile stretching across both of their lips.