From The Confidentail Casefiles of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. McDuck!

The mixture of cold and hot air was nothing compared to the amount of pressure the gander was putting on my hand at the moment. Even after we landed with a hard thump on the ground, he wouldn't open his eyes, so I plucked a feather from his hand.

"Ow!" He opened his eyes, but it wasn't a pleasant sight.

We were sitting on a hard sticky wooden floor, and I was glaring at him. I could tell from the smell of smoke and the sound of blaring music we were in a bar. Well, technically a pub. I struggled to stand. Gladstone on the other hand was graceful as a cat and in one fell swoop stood from the booze-covered ground, pulling me up as ungracefully as possible.

The room was small and so full of smoke I could barely make out Gladstone's face. I heard a poker game happening somewhere out of sight and noticed several people drinking alone along the bar. I was made slightly uncomfortable by the couple making out in the back corner. The music was -

"Frank Sinatra?" Gladstone blinked at me.

"You mean Swanatra? You got an ear for the classics but, uh, Sweetheart," Gladstone's demeanor changed from confusion to demanding, "do you mind telling me what the heck just happened?!"

"I think the proper response is thank you for saving me from missiles." I laughed.

"Thank you?! Sweetheart! You almost got me killed, then pulled me through some weird space-tunnel thing!" He made a weird hand gesture like it helped explain. It was also the first time he had let go of my hand.

"It was a time jump, and I saved your life. Besides, it's your Uncle's foe, blame him," I huffed and took a seat at the bar. Gladstone remained standing.

"And who encouraged him to do that?" Gladstone glared at me. I looked down at the device. It was smoking, and I cursed. "That's not ladylike."

"Oh, no! Better?" I was deadpan, and my voice dripped with sarcasm.

"What's the matter?" He looked down at the smoking thing. "Oh, that looks bad."

(No shit, Sherlock.)

"It's probably busted! So much for you being good luck." I rolled my eyes and turned the thing over in my hands.

"What should we do?" He asked, looking around taking in the bar for the first time.

"I can try to use it. No telling what will happen though." I offered a hand. He shrugged, and grabbed it and I said, "Time Turner."

More smoke poured from the watch, causing us to cough. He stumbled backwards, and I cleared the air and sighed.

"What now?" Gladstone said between coughs.

I looked around and waved to the bartender. He walked over, eyeing us as if he had just noticed us. Had he failed to see the smoke bond we set off in his bar?

"Strange question. What year is it?" I popped off as soon as he was close enough to hear. He laughed and leaned towards Gladstone.

"I don't know what your girlfriend took, sir, but I'd keep an eye on her." He paused for a moment then added. "Haven't seen you two before. You're not locals, are you? Want a drink? It's on the house!"