Chapter 66

"No, Rey. I will not have you risking your life. You are the light that will keep the torch blazing for the galaxy. There must be another way."

Amar made her way over to Rey who still stood tall in confidence. Tana and Iris trickled their way over to the strongest women they knew.

"Amar, you know there is no other way. Ben needs to be reunited with his family and finally have peace. You all deserve that." Rey placed her hand on Amar's shoulder and gripped it tight, hoping that it would give Amar the sign that she was completely serious.

Amar stared right back into her eyes.

"You are apart of this family and I am not losing anyone. We will find another way." Amar gave her intense response, she meant it, she was not going to let anyone sacrifice themselves. Amar wanted Ben back more than life itself, if anyone was going to give up their life it would be herself. Her Daughters would finally have their Father and Rey would help raise the girls like her own.

When the time was right, Amar would be the one to offer her life force to bring Ben Solo back. Amar knew she would not say a word about it, but mostly because she did not want her Daughters to have to worry about it. When the moment came, she would reach out for her Father to take them and turn them around, just so they wouldn't witness their Mother dying.

The portal starting playing again in front of the group of them, now was the time. Amar and Rey made the connection with each other. Amar grabbed her Daughters hands again and made her way over to where Ben was on the floor cradling an unmoving Rey. Amar placed Tana and Iris on either side of Ben.

Tana and Iris were a mere inches away from their Father, their face said it all. They were stunned and overwhelmed, all they wanted to do was hug him and hold him and never let him go. Amar could feel their emotions and wanted nothing more than for the girls to finally have that. Amar refocused them.

"Girls, when I give you the signal. I need you to reach to your Father's shoulder and close your eyes. Feel out through the force, you will know immediately once you touch him where to send your force." Amar looked between the twins and they both nodded in agreement.

Amar walked to stand behind Ben and Rey stood behind Amar. Amar grabbed Ben's Kyber crystal from her satchel and placed it in her hand. She needed to channel it through them, his blood from the crystal will flow once again into his body. The force from his descendent Plagueis will guide their force and bring Ben back to life.

"Amar, you need to do it now. We are about to lose our chance." Rey spoke quickly in Amar's ear.

Amar knew she was ready, this was what she had been waiting for. Years and years of waiting to be in his arms, but she knew she still would have to wait a little longer, due to her sacrifice. That was okay, Amar was at peace, knowing Ben was going to be there for Tana and Iris.

Amar closed her fist around the crimson crystal and the waiting eyes of the twins met hers. Amar nodded to them to place their hands on their Father. Simultaneously they all made contact. Amar bent down and grabbed his shoulder as she knelt behind him. Amar closed her eyes and could feel the coursing power of the force.

They all could feel the wind pick up and swirl around them, there was only the noise of everyone breathing in and out, including Ben's. It was like this was what had happened all along. Ben's force knew he was no longer alone, he knew they were all there helping him save Rey. Amar's eyes fluttered open to find the blue aura surround them, in the distance, she could see those blue butterflies she had seen as a young adult. They all fluttered down all around Ben and his family. Amar knew the process of taking the blood out of the crystal was the great sacrifice, she could feel the power draining from her palm. As the blood was taken out, the force was also taking her life force with it. She knew she needed the girls to keep her eyes closed, she felt out through her force to tell them to keep their eyes shut and to continue their force until it all stopped.

Amar exhaled and made her peace with her mind. Amar's hand began to open that held the crystal. Amar opened her eyes to find the crystal levitating into the hands of her Father. Amar could feel what he was doing, but she couldn't let him. She was in a bind, if she broke from the connection, she would risk it falling apart. Amar and Ezra's eyes met. Through the force she expressed her emotions, Amar didn't need the girls to know that their Grandfather was sacrificing himself at this exact moment.

Father, please don't do this. They need you, Mother needs you.

Ezra nodded, but smiled back at his strong Daughter. He spoke no words. Merely smiled at Amar. Ezra forced one feeling back to his Daughter before he made his move.

"I am beyond proud of you, Amar. You will always be my little bundle in my arms. Take care of your Mother for me."

Amar's eyes filled with tears as she watched her Father smile at her in one of the saddest moments of her life. The force was going to take him away from her for good this time and she couldn't do anything to stop it, it was his choice.

They took a few moments to stare at each other. Ezra looked to his Granddaughters and continued his grin as he beamed at them. Then in a swift movement, Ezra crushed the Kyber crystal in his grip, not destroying the crystal, but creating a gash in his hand for his life force to flow freely out.

Amar could feel through the connection of the force, her Father's life being drained quickly to complete their ritual. Amar stared at her Father the whole time as the tears came quicker and quicker down her face.

Rey sensed through the force connection his life force and opened her eyes to see what was happening before her. It brought immense sadness to Rey as well, she was losing yet another one of her family members. Ones that had openly accepted her into their hearts, like she was their own. Rey's grip on Amar tightened on her shoulder as a way to tell her she could understand the pain. Rey sent waves of strength to Amar, so she would not falter. This was what they needed to do in order to bring Ben back.

Ezra's body fell to the ground of Exegol in grace. Ben's crystal fell from his hand and rolled closer to Amar and Rey, the crystal had turned a pure white, drained of all Ben's blood. Amar looked back to her hero of a Father and watched as he faded into the force. He was now at peace and she could feel him still there with her. The blue aura that surrounded them got brighter. Amar and Rey looked around to find their family that had been lost all around them. Luke, Leia, Anakin, and Ezra now a force ghost watching them and sending their strength to complete this.

The blue that had surrounded them started to get brighter and brighter until it was so white no one could see a thing. Rey and Amar had to close their eyes again because of how bright it had become. Amar could feel her hands still making contact with Rey and Ben, but her smell changed. She could smell the familiar musk of the fallen city of Coruscant. Amar's eyes opened instantly, before her was the grand Imperial Temple and the stairs that lead up to it. They had been plopped out of the portal. Had it worked?

As to answer her internal questions, her fingers sprawled through soft locks she had not felt in a very long time. Amar peered down to find Ben laying on the ground unconscious with Tana and Iris peeled to his arms still, who were also comatose from how much force they had exhibited. Amar kept her hands running through his hair, the feeling of his hair convinced her he was there and he was alive.

Amar was in a daze, her Ben was back. Tears formed again in her already tired eyes, reminding her why she had been crying in the first place. Her Father. Ezra had given up his life to save Ben's, so he could finally be with his family. Amar's emotions were swirling out of hand. She felt complete now that Ben was finally with her, but the loss of her Father was taking a toll on her already exhausted mind.

Rey noticed Amar melting before her eyes, Rey knew she had just endured too much, they all had, but she needed to calm Amar.

"I'm sorry for this." Rey stated aloud and waved a hand over Amar's head. Amar's body instantly fell to land beside Ben and her girls. Rey knew they needed to get treated immediately, they all had exhausted their force to bring Ben back. They needed to get back to the Resistance to heal. Rey grabbed the crystal off the ground and felt out through the force. Ahsoka should still be around here waiting. Rey comed Chewie on the Falcon and sent word to bring Maru and get them off this planet. Too much pain resided here now.