Chapter 91

Ben stood at the head of the table where the meeting had just taken place, he had released them all to continue their tasks at hand and to come back after they had pulled all their forces together. A few personnel lingered behind that caused Ben to remain in the meeting room. He knew that it was completely normal for them to question what he had just informed them on. Joining forces with their enemy to help them obliterate Palpatine and the Sith once and for all.

Ben stood there while Amar and Vicrul eased their way back to the bridge to oversee the systems and to make sure that everything was in working order. A fellow Commander, one Ben had not known the name of, came up towards him.

"Supreme Leader, I am Commander Ki'Tana. I was promoted after the battle of Exegol, sir." She bowed before her leader and Ben gave her a swift nod.

Ben felt something within the force when this Commander came forward towards him, not one he recognized. It felt odd and alarming all in the same, Ben remained calm and replied back with his response.

"Commander, it is uncommon for an high ranking official to not go by their last name. The reason being?"

Ben knew it didn't really matter to him, but there was something about this girl before him. He needed to know her story.

Ki'Tana kept her appearance straight and tidy, she knew she needed to maintain a proper stance before the Supreme Leader. Deep down inside she was shaking in her boots, not a year ago, she felt she was simply a petty low ranking Officer and now she was a Commander to a Star Destroyer in the failing regime of the First Order.

"Sir, I was never given a surname. I enlisted into the First Order, when I had no other choice. I needed food and a place to sleep. I thank the Order for all that it has given me." Ki'Tana gave Ben a direct nod, like she was trying to be strong and prove her point that she was more than dedicated to the Order.

Ben could feel her force flowing uncontrollably throughout the room, clearly Amar and Vicrul had felt this presence? Ben thought to himself, if she enlisted at a young age then she could have still be unaware of her powers growing inside. It was odd for someone so young to rise up the pillar so quickly. Clearly, the force had a hand in her advancement in her occupation.

Ben knew it was out of line to talk about such personal agendas, but curiosity got the better of him.

"Where did you come from? Before the Order?"

Ki'Tana's eyes bulged in surprise that the Supreme Leader would be asking such a thing to someone such of her nature.

"Corellia, Sir." It was short but sweet and needed no further explanation. Everyone knew that the planet of Corellia was one of scum. It was important to the old Empire and First Order, the planet held the most valuable shipyards a planet could have. All of the Star Destroyers had been built from scratch on that surface. Ben knew Corellia held a special place in his heart, his Father had come from there, it's where his prize of a ship had been built, it was only fitting.

Ben knew now that this young Commander had fought her way through the streets of Corellia, it was a rough life, constantly scouring for food and stealing for Lady Proxima. When you lived on Corellia, if you weren't making credits off of the First Order then you were dying in the streets.

"Well, it is lucky you found a place in the First Order. Corellia is a cruel place. Now if you excuse me Commander Ki'Tana, I need to proceed out of this room, just as you do." Ben straightened himself upright and held his gaze through his helmet at the young Commander. Ki'Tana bowed and silently exited the meeting room with Ben slowly following her out. Vicrul was just outside the door waiting as Amar was talking with Commander Mitaka. Ben walked up to the two of them.