Chapter 83

Days preparing for their mission were busy. General Dameron and Finn had allowed Vicrul to be under the supervision of Rey and she took the opportunity to show him the ways of the force. Vicrul had always had the notion of the force, but never reached out and used it within himself. Rey was impressed, he was a quick learner and it gave her some peace of mind that he would not be a sitting duck, while the three of them were back at the First Order.

Ever since their almost kiss, Rey was way too nervous to talk about it or even attempt it again. Vicrul had remained a gentlemen as well, he knew there was a pull there between himself and Rey. Every time he got a glimpse of her soft hazel eyes, he could feel his heartbeat stop. The sheer sight of her made time pause, he had never been allowed to have feelings with giving his whole life to the Knights of Ren. The brethren had zero room for attachments except for the fellow Knights, now that he had the opportunity to let them in, all he could feel was pure passion for Rey.

It was definitely a major flip flop for Vicrul, as he spent the days being around the Resistance base, it wasn't only a couple major players, there were multiple people and they were all treated equally. Women were held in high regard here on base, the force wielding women were a force to be reckoned with. Vicrul understood why, he was infatuated with Rey and now understood why Amar was such a threat in the past. He could understand why Ben had been so consumed with her and since then, they had produced two more strong independent young ladies. Vicrul had met these inseparable twins and Tana and Iris kept a skeptical eye on him in return. The twins held a protective barrier for their Auntie Rey, something about the way Rey's family held her dear to them, made her even more alluring.

Ben kept a watchful eye on his former Knight, but he relaxed a bit, by the way Rey seemed to have complete faith in him. Rey deserved to have an attachment, just like himself and Amar. The Solo family kept him in their sights because they cared so deeply for Rey and did not want to see her get hurt, but one day they would have to relinquish their worries and except Vicrul.

The field among the jungle of Ajan Kloss made the perfect gathering for the force users. Master Ahsoka trained with the twins with an onlooker that could use a few tips here and there, Vicrul. Amar, Ben, Rey, and Maru always attended with the newer and growing force inclined. The Resistance knew that they needed their time to be able to grow what was once the Jedi Order, but now Master Ahsoka had an improved plan. It had failed over the years to grow exactly what was lost so many years ago, it was time for a modern take on the Jedi. Growth was important to the galaxy in order for it to not fall to the same evil again and again.

Amar watched as her Daughters took turns going over their strikes and defensive moves with their Parents sabers. She couldn't help, but feel the empty pit growing in her heart. They needed to leave for Tatooine in order to recover the Skywalker sabers for Tana and Iris. Which meant the girls were off to Ahch-to with Master Ahsoka and her Mother Maru for their training and Ben, Amar, and Vicrul were off to the First Order. Well, if the First Order believed their story that is.

Ben could feel the sorrow of parting with their Daughters, he too felt the pain in his heart. He held pain for his own sake, but to feel Amar's reverberating through her force was unbearable. Ben came over to his wife, who was intently watching Tana and Iris going through the same motions that they had as younglings. Ben came behind Amar and wrapped his lengthy arms around her own and body. Amar slowly closed her eyes, they were force connecting and Ben was trying to bring a calm to her anxiety. Amar hummed to the pleasant warmth Ben brought with his contact. Ben looked over her shoulder and down at her face, she couldn't stop being beautiful, not ever. He leaned down and laid his lips on her temple and kissed her there for a long moment. Ben knew the next couple day cycles were going to be tough, the three of them were going to have to resort back to their old selves, in order to convince the First Order. Amar had never willingly gone to the dark side, but she still held the darkness within herself, just like Ben and Vicrul. They would always harbor it, but with the Grey, they no longer needed to fully suppress it.