Six

A couple of days had passed since I saw Enzo. I'd hadn't been with anyone else, thank god but I didn't know why. Most girls would be with a new man most nights so I was confused why I hadn't yet. I was sitting in my room putting a fresh pair of earrings in when that familiar knock of Taylor made me nearly miss my second ear. Carefully, I put it in before letting her in. She brushed my messy hair behind my ears and sat me down on my bed. Normally she did this when there was something important to tell me, so what could she possibly tell me?

"Hello dear. How are you feeling after the over night with Enzo? Sorry I wasn't here," Taylor said as she held my hands.
"It went ok he was quite gentle," I explained.
"That's great dear. Well I have some important news for you," She said as my heart dropped.
"What what is it?" I stuttered with nerves.
"Enzo not only wants to just see you every time he comes but wants no one else you have you. Your all his V," She said with a smile on her face. This must have been why I haven't been with anyone since. Why would he do that? A small part of me was relieved that I wouldn't have to be with anyone else, but another part of me was scared to see Enzo again. I'd already started to feel something for him and as much as I tried to stop feeling this way, I knew as soon as I saw him the feelings would come flooding back.

"Is everything ok Viola my dear," Taylor asked as I hadn't replied after the news I just received.
"Yes yes that's ok Taylor," I said with a smile.
"Good you must have made a great impression on him to just want you," She said. Yes he just wants me, kept ringing in my head. Could he like me to? No I'm just a prostitute. Once I'm damaged goods, he'll chuck me and move on to the next innocent virgin who walks through these doors. Come on Viola get yourself together, I reminded myself.
"Do you know when I'll next be seeing him?" I asked desperate to know the answer.
"Yes tomorrow night dear he'll be here just for you," She said as she brushed my cheek, "But be careful honey. Once you catch feelings they're hard to turn off." What how could she know? I shook my head to say 'no' and all she did was kiss my forehead before leaving me alone with my thoughts.

The Next Evening
As I was getting myself ready to see Enzo again, my mother let herself in my room with a smile. My mother has always worked her ass of to get me out of this place never caring if she ever left. She just wanted to get me out before I had to start working here. But I felt no resentment or hatred towards her. She was an absolute angel for all she's done for me. It's not our fault we're in this mess, it was my ass of a father who just dumped his family. But right now I just wanted to spend time with my mother before being with Enzo for the night. She brought me wholemeal bread and some salad and joined me on the bed.

"You ok my love?" She asked. I nodded as I had just shoved some veg in my mouth.
"Yes I'm good mum how about you?" I asked once I finished my mouthful.
"I'm ok I'm just so upset I didn't get you out in time," She said as tears came to her eyes. I quickly caught them before they could fall.
"Mum we've talked about this, it's ok I'm fine. It's all good I'm making now my own money which can get us both out," I said as I held onto her shaking hands.
"No baby don't worry about me. You need to get out please you will, I'll make sure of it," She sobbed, which brought tears to my eyes. I couldn't leave her here after everything she's done for me, no way. I was not going to leave without her.
"I'll not leave without you mum I just can't."
"No you will Viola and I'm sure it will be soon, I promise my sweetie," She said as she gave me a little kiss on the cheek.
"Oh mum," Was all I could say. There was no point in trying to argue, she was never going to change her mind.

Me and my mother sat on my bed for a couple of hours talking about everything that had happened. She mentioned this man who became her new frequent customer, by the way she was talking about him she could be feeling the same as I do about Enzo. But then the conversation turned to me and Enzo.
"What is he like? All the papers say he's very tough, very violent," My mother began. And she was right, he was the son of a Mafia boss, he was pretty tough, "So he is nice with you?"
"Yes mum he was very gentle. Nothing like I was expecting but Taylor told him it was my first time," I said honestly.
"Oh I'm glad sweetie. When I heard about it I was so worried I tried to find you and save you but they wouldn't tell me anything," She said.
"Oh mum thank you but I was fine and I'm with him tonight."
"Oh really why are you smiling?" She asked with a grin, I didn't realise I was smiling.
"No reason mum," I said blushing.
"Oh hun just be careful, never fall for your customers. It never ends well."
"Yeah I know I know."