Thirty- Five

We finally arrived in beautiful Miami and it was so beautiful like nothing I'd ever seen before. The fresh air was all around us and I knew this was the best place to raise our family. Enzo pulled up outside a beautiful house in a secluded neighbourhood near the beach. You could hear the waves crashing against the sand, it was nothing I'd ever heard before in my life. Enzo got out of the car and before I could, he had run to my door and opened it for me. Holding out his hand, I got out of the car and looked up to our new home. Our dream was really coming true.

The house was massive. I could of have fit all the women from the prostitution house in this and even more. It was amazing. We didn't have much stuff to put into the house but luckily it was already furnished. It still didn't feel like home. However, I knew it would be very very soon. What more could I possibly want? Enzo was happy cooking away our dinner for the night and I couldn't help but smile. It smelt almost heavenly and to be honest me and my baby were extremely hungry.

"Here baby enjoy," Enzo said as he served up vegetable chilli and some garlic bread.
"Mm thank you Enzo I can get used to this," I said as I dug in. Enzo was watching me eat, "Why are you watching me?"
"I'm scared if I look away you won't be there anymore."
"Enzo don't I'm not going anywhere never."
"I know but I can't stop staring at you."
"Oh Enzo. Come here," I said with a smile as he came over but before our lips could meet we were rudely interrupted by a phone call. I exchanged a worried look with Enzo as he gently kissed my forehead and went to pick up the phone.

He talked very quietly and calmly and his eyes came to my direction every so often. I rubbed my tummy trying to calm myself down. Who ever was on the over line was not delivering us any good news. I didn't want to know. I had to know which makes no sense but it does to me. I jumped up from my chair after having my last bite of Enzo's beautiful dinner, and went over to him. Once he saw me there, he turned his back and started to talk even quieter. I didn't care if he was going to be in a mood, I had to know what was going on on that phone.

My ear wigging wasn't too bad. I had done a lot of it at the prostitution house but Enzo was dipping in and out of Italian and English making it harder for me to understand. He kept turning away from me so I couldn't hear but I wasn't going to give up. Enzo hung up and banged the phone on the wall and swore loudly. Here we go. I hated when Enzo was angry, in one of his moods. However, I needed to know what was said on that phone call. And if that meant a fight with Enzo I didn't really care.

"So? Are you going to tell me?" I said. Enzo stood in front of me with no expression.
"Not now Viola," He said and walked away. Not today Enzo, no way.
"Enzo don't you dare even say that. Tell me now and don't say not now," I yelled.
"Viola don't push me," He growled.
"I'm not pushing Enzo just tell me what the fuck is going on."
"My dad is going to trial they all are. And they want me there. Ok you happy."
"Well not obviously Enzo for fuck sake I love you. Why don't you like to tell me things?"
"I don't know Viola I've never been in a situation were I actually love someone. I've never opened up to anyone before."
"I know Enzo me too. We start now. You know you can tell me anything. I want to know everything that goes on with you."
"Ok god Viola what have you done to me? I will tell you everything I promise."

And that was everything I needed. I gave him a little peck which turned into a much deeper kiss.
"Enzo, are you going?" I asked.
"What?" He asked back breathlessly.
"Are you going to the trial?" I asked.
" I don't know yet."
"Enzo you have to."
"What?"
"You have to go. Do it for your dad, show your support. It's important for your family."
"What no I'm not going. I left it all behind so I could be with you and the baby."
"I know and I'm so grateful. But I think you should go. And I'll come to of course."
"I- I fuck Viola your crazy."
"I know but so are you. And your going ok?"
"Yes boss."
"Mm I like that."