Sick

Irene's running. She doesn't care about the cameras. She needs to get to him. She had ditched her girls long ago when Mark had run up to her telling her that Jackson had passed out. She knew why. He was over exhausting himself again. And the fear it sparked in her heart suffocated her. She noticed the looks the other idols passed her as she moved with Mark. She knew that fans had caught it on camera, and the rumours they had hid from where now going to circulate like wild fire but she didn't care. She moved faster, ditching her heels and opting to hold them as her and mark jogged down the corridors.

When she sees him her heart stops. There are cameras in there, and she knows this is being showcased but she doesn't care. She drops her heels to the floor, before running to him. Jinyoung moves out of her way and she launches herself onto the sofa bed that had been arranged for him. "Jack." She whispers tenderly, her hands moving his hair away from his eyes. "Baby?" She says again. She moves her hand and she can feel him burning up. She stands up, "let me just get my stuff, I have some medicine in there." The boys nodded, as she left before quickly coming back in record timing. Her hair is now tied up and she's brought a hoodie for herself. She looks towards the boys, each of them sharing the same look of concern. Irene moves back up to him. Her hands gently resting against his cheek. "Jack." She hears a groan in response. "Baby can you take this medication for me..." he moves to her touch and she is handed a water bottle. She moves his head up to allow him to swallow and soon after she hands the bottle back to Youngjae, he's wrapped his arms around her waist, and his face is buried in her chest. One of her hands is playing with his hair, the other on his shoulder to keep him close. She asks for a blanket and it's placed over his shivering form. Irene's eyes hold pain as she watches his now weak form. "Noona are you okay?" Asked yugyeom. Irene's gaze hadn't moved. "I hate seeing him like this, I'm worried about him.  He's not looking after himself again." She said and the guys voiced their similar concerns. Irene's hands trialed gently against his form. Grateful that his shivering had stopped. And for a split second she removes her gaze away from his form to see the cameras still pointed in their direction. "Can you let him rest." She says rather sharply and the boys smirk at the look of fear that flashes through the SBS cameramen. They stand and force them out to allow their brother more peace and room to breath. "Are you guys about to perform?" She asks and they nodded. "Go. I'll stay with him and then we can decide what we are going to do." The boys nodded, squeezing Jackson's shoulder and patting his back as they leave. The door closely softly and Irene lets out a sigh, her gaze returning back to his form. She can feel the liquid seep from her eyes and she attempts to control it, brushing it away as she focuses on him. "Stop crying." She hears and she chokes on sob at how weak it sounds. "Rest." She says pulling him closer. Jackson can hear her heartbeat and it is exactly that, that soothes his aches. His grip around her waist tightens and she doesn't fight it. He can feel her play with his hair and he's grateful that she's here. He knows how she's risked so much to be by his side in this moment but he also knows she doesn't care and so he doesn't mention anything. Instead, he lets her hold him close and lets his eyes close again. Irene watches his breaths even out and she studies his features. His chiselled jaw, his flawless skin, his perfectly shaped nose, his now encased eyes that held nothing but warmth, love and passion, his Perfect lips that had claimed hers on more than one occasion. This was the man she loved. And seeing him the complete opposite to his true self hurt her. He was overworking himself again and as his girlfriend she should have picked up on it sooner. She had constantly told him to rest, to sleep, to leave work for a couple of days and get some rest but he hadn't listened now she had to sit here helplessly whilst he was in pain. She sighed. Why couldn't he have just listened. If her schedule hadn't been as hectic as his she would have flown to him and forced him to rest but this life they lived tied her hands behind her back. Irene shifted slightly and she could feel his grip tighten. "Hey I'm not going anywhere." She spoke gently. "I'm right here." His grip loosened slightly just as his boys returned. Irene was grateful that she had already performed and now they could decide what to do. "I'm taking him to mine." She said. "None of his work stuff is there. He will be forced to relax."

The boys agreed with her, and after some difficulty she had finally reached home. She left the room so the boys could help him into something more comfortable and she had done the same. She moved back to her room and the boys bid her adieu as she sat back in her seat besides him.  She checked his temperature, feeling his arms wrap around her again. Irene placed the thermometer on the bed side table looking towards her clock. 10PM. She looked up at him before deciding to get up to switch the light off. She was pulled back into his chest. "Don't leave me. Please." Her eyes softened. "I'm not going anywhere jack. I'm just going to switch the light off okay" she felt his grip loosen completely and she moved to turn the light off. "Rene!" His voice called out hoarsely. "I'm here baby." She said wrapping her arms around him.  She feels him relax and waits until he's completely asleep before she allows herself to sleep.

The following morning Irene wakes first. She knows best than to move out of his arms and so she lets him hold her. Minutes turn to more, and Irene falls back to sleep with nothing else to do. She's grateful he's getting the sleep he deserves. She placed her hand on his forehead gently to check his fever, and she's grateful it's broken. She looks back at the clock, and she sees it edge closer to 12PM. Yet she lets him hold her. It had been months since they had the chance to do this, but now they had been untied in each other's arms. She can't help but smile. Her eyes close again. And it isn't until another three hours that she awakes. She feels him stir, and she moves her hand to trail his jaw. "Hey babe..." she whispered. His eyes open and he looks refreshed. For that she's grateful. He looks at her lovingly and kisses her forehead. "Good morning Babygirl..." she smiles. "It's actually afternoon." He looks over to her bedside clock and his eyes widen. He shoots up before Irene can protest mumbling something about work. Using her martial arts training that she had recently begun, she pulls him back her hands on his chest as she moves to straddle him in attempts to keep him from moving. He looks at her in shock. "Rene-" "no not another word Mr Wang. You passed out yesterday because of exhaustion. You are not moving from this bed until Monday." "But Rene-" she looks at him. "Fine until tomorrow evening." She gives in. "You scared the shit out of all of us yesterday. Do you realise that?" She reprimanded. "Your health is not a joke. You tell practically everyone else to look after themselves but what about you." She crossed her arms looking at him. "I'm really angry at you." She said rather cutely in his opinion. His hands move to her hips. "Babygirl..." she huffed in annoyance. "I'm sorry. I won't move. I promise." "Good." She says moving slightly. His hands grip her hips. "Stop moving..." he says watching her eyes widen. "Oh shit I'm sorry." She moves off quickly nearly falling, causing him to laugh. She glares at him. "The boys dropped some clothes for you. Have a nice long bath and I'll make something for us to eat." "Your not joining me? I think I'll be more relaxed with you in there with me." Her eyes widen, and her cheeks flush. "Yah!" She shouts causing him to laugh. "Bathroom now!" She says and he salutes her as she makes her way to the kitchen.

Half an hour goes by and he's still in the bathroom. She smiles to herself as she cooks his favourite spaghetti. And she continues to smile when she feels his arms wrap around her. "It smells amazing." He says, she leans into his chest placing a kiss his neck, as he leans forward to rest his head on her shoulder. They eat in peace and the two are happy to be with each other again. He looks at her as she laughs, whilst twisting his fork. "Thank you for looking after me Rene." "As if you just thanked me for that. I love you Jack. And I would do that regardless. Don't thank me for it." He smiles at her and his lips meet hers.

The end

Authors note:
Hey guys hope you enjoy this little fluffy one. Let me know what your thoughts are on it. Anymore requests let me know. Lots of love and best wishes to you all. Stay safe.