t h r e e

He sighed softly while glancing at Iwaizumi who's laughing happily with a girl. This was the third time he saw her talking with Iwaizumi when he came to his classroom and it's making Oikawa anxious.

He was about to ask Iwaizumi to join him for lunch with their other teammates when he had stopped abruptly because of the girl's offer. She had asked Iwaizumi to have lunch together since they're classmate.

Just as Oikawa turning his back, he heard Iwazumi calling for him making him stopped halfway.

"Yeah Iwa-chan?"

"Do you mind if i don't join you for lunch today?"

The disappointment flashes across Oikawa's face, but he hide it as quickly as it appears. Although he knew Iwaizumi will agree with her offer, deep down he wished that Iwaizumi would declined.

"No. It would make no difference if you're there either."

Oikawa smirked at his own words, trying to provoke Iwaizumi and probably making him declined her offer just to prove to Oikawa there is a difference.

But his replied making Oikawa froze completely. He had never expected him to say that.

"Alright, that would be great. See you later Shittykawa"

With that Iwaizumi left Oikawa, heading towards the cafeteria and the girl by his side.

What makes him change? Is it the girl? Or is it me? Why was he acting like that? Why is he being so nice all of a sudden? Why isn't he mad?

The same questions kept on bothering Oikawa's mind as he walked to the planned destination with his other friends.

Accurately it makes Oikawa quiet for the whole walk until Hanamaki sensed something's wrong.

"Oi, why are you like this? Where's Iwaizumi?"

"Hm? Oh Iwa-chan is going to have lunch with his new classmate."

He tried to avoid answering Maki's first question and pretending that it's all fine as usual, smiling and making shitty comments.

"It'll be fine as long as i distract myself.."

Oikawa whispered to himself, smiling and munching his favourite milk bread.