Chapter 1

"I still remember.." 

Suga's POV: 

~Present~

I laid in bed, the monitors beeped in the background. Daichi sat next to me, holding my hand. His hand felt rough to the touch; a result of playing volleyball. His face was filled with worry. his fair was a mess, sticking every which way, and he had bags under his eyes. His head was down, his forehead touched the top of our hands. 

"Daichi?" I spoke. He looked up at me. "I'll be alright, you know," I reassured. He nodded but didn't say anything. I breathed out and stared up at the white ceiling. I turned my head toward him and gave him a gentle smile. "I still remember..." 

~Flashback~

Daichi and I met up after class with Asahi. We walked to the gyjm for practice. Kageyama and Hinata were already there and soon the rest of the team showed. Hinata was as energetic as ever, Kageyama was still Kageyama, Tsukkishima and Yamaguchi were talking by the sidelines. Noya and Tanaka were fussing over Kiyoko, our manager. Coach Ukai and Takeda showed up last. Even Ennoshita was here before them. 

The nets wee set up and balls were scattered around the gym. Practice for the day went smoothly considering that Hinata and Kageyama always get into small arguments. Tsukki didn't make as many remarks. Daichi and I didn't have to act like their parents for once. Now with coach around, they were a little more focused. Hinata and Kageyama worked on their quick attack, it was terrifying as ever. Tsukki worked on his blocking. Yamaguchi and Asahi worked on their serves while Daichi and Noya practiced recieving. I worked on my sets with Ennoshita, who spiked them. 

We took a short break to get some water and cool off. We did a practice match after that. I was on the red team with Asahi, Noya, Ennoshita, Narita, and Yamaguchi. On the white team was Daichi, Hinata Tsukki, Kageyama, Tanaka, and Kinoshita. As expected, the white team 25 to 23. It was a close game. Even with the libero and ace of Karasuno on our side, Hinata's and Kageyama's quick attack is hard to handle. 

"Good job guys!" Coach Ukai yelled. "Meeting, now!" We all sat down around the white board; we have a practice game with Nekoma High in the coming days and we're ready to win. 

Daichi and I were the last to leave the gym. For once, Kageyama and Hinata left on time with the others. We rolled down the net and removed the padding used to protect the poles. I walked around the gym picking up volleyballs and tossed them to Daichi to put away. About a half hour later, the gym was clean and we started to head home.