Chapter 20

"Why would you ever kiss me?"

~Flashback~

Suga's POV: 

I could feel my body slumped against a wall. Groaning, I opened my eyes. The volleyball team was sitting around me, talking among themselves. "Suga!" Noya pointed to me. "He's awake." 

The rest of them looked at me. "How long?" I averted my eyes, not really wanting to know that answer to my question. 

"An hour or so." Yamaguchi provided. I nodded. 

"What happened, Sugawara?" Coach asked, he arms were crossed. 

"I don't know, Coach." I replied.

He breathed, "I was going to sub you in during the Nekoma game for a play, to screw them up." He paused. "But I don't want you playing in the state you're in." 

"But Coach.." 

"No. I will let you attend and watch the match, but I'm not letting you play until you feel better." 

"Yes Coach." I sighed. 

"Practice is over." Coach Ukai called out. "Tanaka and Noya are on cleaning duty." They groaned. He glared at them and they fell silent. "Daichi, help Sugawara home." 

"Yes Coach." Everyone stood up excpet me, I was too tired to to feel anything, not even trying to move. Daichi helped me up and grabbed my things. He walked me to his house and I didn't complain this time. "Suga..." He said, setting our stuff down. 

I stumbly made my way to his couch. "I know Daichi." I sat down and he sat next to me. I leaned my head aginst his shoulder. He didn't move which I appreciated. My head fell back against the couch and I looked up at him. "I'm sorry, but I did feel fine this morning." 

"I beleive you Suga." He said, looking down at me. He looked into my eyes then down to my lips. 

He adjusted his sitting position which resulted in me moving too. Daichi's hand moved to my cheek and he softly moved my face to look at his. He closed his eyes and leaned in. 

I didn't move; I was shocked. My eyes were wide open for the first few seconds. Realization hit me, Daichi and I were kissing. I closed my eyes, reveling in the kiss. 

He back up with a small smile on his lips. I smiled back at him and blushed furiously.