Chapter 13

"Watch as she stands with her holding your hand...put your arm 'round her shoulder.." 

~Flashback~

Suga's POV: Daichi and I got that morning, the following Monday after the incident, to go to school. Daichi didn't allow me to leave his house until I felt better. Of course, I lied to him saying that I felt fine.

We walked to Karasuno High in the cold winter morning. I had Daichi's sweater on over my uniform, keeping me warm. We got to the school and opened up the gym for the first-years. 

I was still too fatigued to practice though and Coach told me to sit out for the morning. I didn't want to but I obeyed my orders. 

The morning went by pretty quickly; my teachers were happy to see me back at school. During lunch, I met up with Asahi and Daichi. We would hang out in the gym for lunch since no one really goes over there. On the way there, Daichi was stopped by Michimiya. 

"Oh hey, Michimiya." He greeted. Asahi saw the dissappointment in my eyes and laid a hand on my shoulder for comfort. I didn't why Yui stopped us but apparently it was really important. 

She grabbed Daichi by the hand and dragged him outside. Me and Asahi ran after them. We finally caught up to them and I was out of breath. Asahi seemed fine. 

"Yui? Why are out here?" 

"It's National Friendship Day and I want to take a picture with you." She lied. "Here, Asahi. Take our picture." She handed him her phone and jogged back to Daichi. 

He grinned and slung his arm around Michimiya's shoulders. Yui smiled and threw up a peace sign. Asahi snatched the photo and gave Yui's phone back. She thanked us and left. 

"Well, that was awkward." Asahi whispered in my direction/ I could only nod, knowing let if I talked, my voice would break.