Chapter 21

"I'm not even half as pretty.."

~Flashback~

Suga's POV: 

Daichi went to the kitchen to grab us some food when his phone buzzed. Curiously, I looked to see who it was. I picked up his phone and looked at the sender: Yui Michimiya. She had attached an image. 

I heard footsteps coming back from the kitchen so I tossed his phone on the couch and unlocked my own. When Daichi came back, it looked like I had been on my phone the whole time. 

He set down a bowl of chips on the coffee table and sat down, moving his phone. "Your phone buzzed," I stated. 

"Mm, okay." He unlocked his phone and clicked into Yui's message. "It's from Michimiya." He said. 

"Oh?"

"Yeah, she sent that photo Asahi took when we were outside during lunch." 

"Ah."

"Wanna see?" 

"Sure." He handed me his phone so I could see. It was the photo from earlier. Daichi's arm was slung over her shoulder, the peace sign she made with her free hand, and the grins they both shared. "Looks good."

"Mhm." 

I handed Daichi his phone back. I felt a pang of jealousy, I couldn't help it. They both looked so happy in the photo. 

I shouldn't be thinking like this. Daichi literally just kissed me and smiled at the end. Could he still like Yui after that? But then again, he could have just been teasing me, pretending to actually like it for my amusement. 

Stop it, Sugawara! Daichi would never do something like that. But again, Yui is pretty and I'm not. Under the Daichi I fell in love could be a whole other version of him, laughing at me for believing he actually liked me back. 

I chided myself for thinking like that and distracted myself in conversation.