Chapter 8

"While I die..." 

~Flashback~

Suga's POV: 

Michimiya broke off from us to go home. I turned to Daichi, "Are you alright?" 

"Yeah, I'm okay. Though, I wasn't expecting that." He laughed a little so I did too. There were only a few more blocks to go before we reached Daichi's house. We walked in silence, but I could still feel that unwanted pain in my heart. This had happened before on occasion but not like this. 

We passed a block, black spots started to dot my vision. I started to lose my breath, making it harder to breathe. I was taking short quick breaths and I was starting to feel really tired too. 

Daichi looked concerned, "Suga? Are you alright? You don't look well." 

I made up a partial excuse, "Just starting to feel the cold now." I told some of the truth, "I haven't been eating well recently." 

"You know why?" 

"Nope." 

Dachi stopped and tugged on my shoulder; I turned around. He brought me in for a hug. "I hope everything is alright." I dug my head into his shoulder; he was always slightly taller than me. "I knew." 

I back up a little, surprised written on my face. Panicked, I asked, "Knew what?" 

"That you weren't eating." He sighed. "You'd skip lunch with me and Asahi." He dug his hands in his pockets. "You've seemed more tired during practice too. You're frame is smaller and more fragile. Even now, I felt like I might break you." He said with so much sympathy. I could only look down at my feet. He hugged me again. "I'm always here for you, Suga." 

I nodded but changed the subject. "Let's got your place. I'm freezing." 

We continued to his house. As it got colder, we got slower. It got harder to walk the longer we went. Soon, all my strength was being used to keep me standing. Another few steps and even that wasn't enough. 

My knees buckled underneath me and I lost my balance. My vision was almost black at this point. I waited for the impact of concrete, but I never felt it. Instead, Daichi caught me. Before I passed out, I heard Daichi call out my name, "Suga?!"