Chapter 5

"How much I liked you..."

~Flashback~

Suga's POV: 

We walked to Daichi's house in the cold. I was enjoying being in Daichi's sweater and company. I knew I would have to give it back eventually even though I didn't to. We walked in a comfortable silence until Daichi made a grunting sound. I looked over to him and saw him bending down to tie his shoe. I smirked at the sight. 

My phone buzzed in my pocket because of text notifications from the Karasuno group chat. Hinata and Noya were still awake. Reading what they send, I replied: 

Suga (S): Hey, guys. It's 1 a.m. What's up? 

I checked on Daichi and he was still frustratingly messing with his shoelace. A few more notifications popped up on my phone. 

S: Go to bed before I whoop your asses. 

The chat was silent for a moment. Daichi had finally managed to tie his shoe and caught up with me. "Hinata and Noya are still awake."

He sighed, "I'm not surprised. Those two are always awake and never seem to sleep." 

"True." My phone went off again and again and again. I was getting ticked off now so I answered: 

S: GO TO BED! 

Hinata (H): Suga mama mode 

S: AND IF YOU DON'T GO TO BED, I WILL MAKE THE NEXT PERSON WHO TEXTS THIS GROUP CHAT TONIGHT RUN 20 MORE EXTRA LAPS AND CLEAN THE GYM AFTER PRACTICE TOMORROW! 

I showed Daichi what I had sent and he laughed. "Hinata's not wrong." 

I looked at him, confused at what he meant, "Hmm?" 

"You have this intensity when you get mad. They call it 'Mama Mode'. "

"Why?" 

"Because they're your babies." He chuckled. I blushed, surprised he had remembered that. I had called them that once before when were in Tokyo for a volleyball training camp. Bokuto and Kuroo tried to get Tsukkishima and Hinata to go to Fukurodani and Nekoma. 

Daichi hadn't noticed it but the other members had a nickname for him too. He had forgotten a crucial detail, his one nickname: Dadchi. 

I smiled and blushed at the thought of our nicknames: Sugamama and Dadchi. It sounded like we were together. I wished for the day that we were together where I had the courage to tell him how I felt. How I... 

Loved him.