Chapter 12

"But you like her better... wich I were heather..."

~Present~

Suga's POV: 

When I saw this gesture, I knew for sure that he liked her back. Sure, he had given me his black sweater to wear but that was between two guys and it was a friendly gesture. For a guy to give a girl a jacket or sweater, it meant something more. 

Yui's cheeks were flushed the rest of the time she was here. I, for sure, believed they would get together one day when I wasn't at school. I haven't gone to school in months. I didn't know what I was missing. 

My phone would buzz from notifications, text messages from the Karasuno group chat or other messages. I ignored them. 

Daichi and Yui continued to talk for awhile. I had finished eating, which took about an hour to down before Michimiya decided to leave. She left, still wearing Daichi's sweater. "I'll see you later, Daichi. Bye Suga." 

"Bye, Yui." I said. 

"Bye, Michimiya." Daichi waved her off. He cleaned up the mess and tossed it in the trash. He stayed for a little while longer. We talked about volleyball, the easiest thing to talk about. Daichi always felt bad that I couldn't play, but I convinced him that I was. 

Soon, Daichi was yawning. "Go home Daichi, you're tired." He sighed, knowing that I was right.

He picked up his things and said goodbye, closing the door behind him as he stepped into the hallway. Minutes of silence passed before I could hear my own sobs. I didn't want to be stuck in bed all day, I wanted to play volleyball with the rest of the team. I lied to Daichi about how I felt about it. I wish I could be with him even though I know he doesn't like me that way like I like him. I couldn't stare at the white walls anymore. 

I laid back down, trying to find a comfortable spot. It was difficult considering I had a bunch of gadgets hooked to me. Tears fell down my cheeks as I let myself fall asleep to the repetative rhythm of my heartbeat.