Chapter 27

"You gave her your sweater... it's just polyester.."

~Present~

Asahi's POV:

Daichi had told me he was going to visit Suga again today. So around 9 a.m, I head to the hospital myself after making a quick detour. 

I knocked on Suga's door but got no response. I didn't know whether Daichi was here or if Suga was still sleeping. 

I turned the doorknob quietly and stepped into the room. I quietly shut the door behind me. It took me a few minutes to truly see the sight in front of me. Daichi and Suga were both asleep on Suga's bed. They were holding each other. 

I tip-toed closer to snap a quick picture, I shoved the phone into my pocket and took off my jacket, setting it down on the counter. 

Daichi stirred awake and sat up. He rubbed his eyes and looked at Suga with love. I softly spoke, not intending to scare him. "That's adorable." 

"Asahi..." 

"Good morning to you too, lovebird. I totally ship it." I gestured them. 

"You're just as bad as Kiyoko." He said through a smile. 

"So Suga finally told you how he felt." Daichi was surprised and confused.

"You knew he like me?"

"I knew from the beginning, Suga told me." 

He didn't say anything, but stood up and let go of Suga's hand. "I confessed to him. I suppose you didn't bring food?" 

I shook my head. "No, not food. I did bring this though." I handed Daichi a dark grey sweater in his size. "I highly doubt Yui is going to give you your sweater back, so I took the liberty of getting you a new one. It's just polyester."

"Thanks, Asahi. But you shouldn't have." 

"Consider it an early birthday present."