Chapter 22

"You gave her your sweater... it's just polyester.."

~Present~

Asahi's POV: 

Daichi and I left Suga's room to go home. It had gotten dark and cold while we were inside. 

Daichi was wearing his Karasuno volleyball club jacket instead of his sweater. "Daichi, where are your sweaters?"

"Hmm?" 

I sighed and explained the situation. "You gave your black sweater to Sugawara when he got cold. So, you decided to wear your other sweater, the orange one. Now, you're not wearing that one either. Did you lose it?" 

He chuckled. "No, no. I didn't lose it, Asahi. I gave it to Michimiya when she visited Suga yesterday." 

I looked dumbfounded. "Oh." 

"Why? Did you want it?" He joked. 

I laughed myself. "No, no. Of course not." 

We walked in silence for a few seconds before he asked, "Are you worried about me not wearing it?"

"No, I was just curious." 

He nodded. "It's only polyester. If Michimiya loses it, I'll buy another one." 

"That would be rude if she never gave it back. Plus, spending your own money on a new sweater when it's her fault? Seems crazy to me."

"Ah, well. Yui's forgetful sometimes. I don't mind." 

"Okay, whatever you say." 

We split off to go home our separate ways. 

Well, if she does lose it, I know that's the perfect gift for his birthday.