Y1-2

All of the first years climbed up a grand staircase to met the doors of the Great Hall. Y/N and Draco glanced at each other with raised brows as you both saw Harry Potter nearby. You watch as Draco walks over to him, standing in front of the crowd, face to face with the Boy Who Lived.

"Well if it isn't the famous Harry Potter. I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." Draco said. A boy with red hair and freckles beside Harry let out a scoff.

"Think my name's funny do you?" Draco looked the boy up and down. "No need to ask yours. Red hair and a hand-me-down robe, you must be a Weasley."

    Draco then turned to Harry again.

"Soon Potter, you'll come to realize some wizarding family are better than others. I can help you with that." Draco said extending his hand hoping that Harry will shake it.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks." Harry rebuttled.

Draco looked shocked as a professor dressed in dark green robes placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Get back in line, Mr. Malfoy." Professor McGonagall looked down upon him.

Draco gave Harry a dirty look as he walked back to his place in the line.

    Then, the Great Hall doors opened and a flash of light from the candles shone at the first years. Y/N grinned at the marvellous sight as her and the other students walked into the hall. All the first years walked up to the front waiting to be sorted into a house. McGonagall held up a strange looking hat and called the first name. Y/N anticipated her name to be called. Soon enough, she heard her name being shouted aloud. Y/N walked up and sat on a chair when the Sorting Hat was placed on her head.

"Oh look, another Dior!" The hat bellowed. Y/N jumped at the sound of the hat talking.

"I think you could be put into a few of these houses here at Hogwarts. You posses bravery, ambition, and intelligence. Where to put you?" There was a short pause from the hat. "SLYTHERIN!" The hat finally shouted.

The Slytherin table erupted in cheer as you smiled and ran over to take a seat. A bunch of other names were called up, but you didn't pay any attention until you heard the name, Draco Malfoy. The hat hadn't even touched his head before it yelled, "SLYTHERIN!"

    Y/N and all of the other Slytherins stood up and loudly cheered. You were not surprised to hear the hat shout out Slytherin. He waltzed over to the table and took a seat beside you. Draco and Y/N smirked at each other, happy to be in the same house.

    Many more names were called up. Harry and his friends were all sorted into Gryffindor.

"Big surprise." You muttered to Draco sarcastically. He laughed in agreement with you.

Suddenly, a tall man with a long white beard and golden framed glasses stood up from his seat. He made his way to the front of the teacher's table and started by saying, "I would like to say a few words before we are all fed and watered." The hall fell silent. "I have a few notices to give you. First years, and some of the older students, should note that the forest in the grounds is forbidden to all students. I have also been asked by Mr. Filch, the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors." Dumbledore paused to scan the room and continued. "Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams should contact Madam Hooch. Finally, I must tell you that this year, the third floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a very painful death."

    Draco let out a fake yawn and you could tell he just wanted to eat.

"Now, please enjoy the feast!" Dumbledore let out as the hall yelled in excitement.

Y/N looked over at Draco with a surprised look on her face.

"Die a very painful death? What type of school is this?!" Y/N asked with concern.

"A magical school." Draco answered while smiling at Y/N.