Chapter 18

"Hey kid! It's been a while since I've seen you!"

"Hawks!!"

He was wearing a jean jacket with a red shirt and baggy jeans opening his arms. You ran to him forgetting you were mad about Bakugou, jumping into him wrapping your arms around his neck giving him a tight hug.

"Hmph, I didn't know you missed me that much."

A vein popped on Bakugou's head as jealousy boiled through his veins. He quickly snapped out of it then walked away to let you two talk.

"Of course!" You got off from him punching the side of his arm. "I haven't seen you in forever, I thought you forgot about me."

"Forget you? I'd never," he said proudly letting out a chuckle.

You both walked a bit as you both were catching up on each others lives. Ever since Bakugou found you and Mr.Aizawa taking you to the hospital Hawks had to take off and head on another mission; you haven't seen or spoken to him since then. He did send back your thing's you left in his place ahead of time.

He apologized for his sudden leave but it was understandable so you told him not to worry about it.

"Oh, I've got something for you."

He reached the inside of his jacket taking out a neatly wrapped gift handing it to you. You looked at it surprised and flustered that he brought you a gift. You gently unwrapped the gift opening the box. You lifted the lid and inside was a pair of his clear yellow goggles.

"Aren't these yours?" You said in a perplexed tone.

He put his had behind his head running it through his hair.

"These are an extra pair of mine. You can use them when you fly."

Your costume already had goggles but these were way better. You face beamed with a wide smile.

"I love it!" You said with a smile.

He let out a small blush but you didn't notice since it had already gotten kinda dark and you were trying on the goggles that were a perfect fit.

"Hey Y/n, I was wondering," you look up at him meeting his golden eyes.

"After you get your hero license and finish school... I was wondering if you'd be my sidekick."

You were speechless.

Out of all the heroes and students he wanted you to be his sidekick.

"Really? Are you for real?"

"Of course, I wouldn't ask anyone else," he said with a confident smirk.

Holy crap!

You face lit up with happiness then lifting from the ground and flying around him joyfully then meeting his eyes.

"Hell yea!" You exclaimed to him firmly grabbing his arm in agreement.

                                                                     —————————————————————

Hawks walked you back to the ramen restaurant as you floated by his side. He talked about all the cool missions you two would be facing in Tokyo and possibly becoming roommates with him. He reassured you that you would actually be using your quirk and let you fight battles.

For some reason him talking about the future, even though there may not be a tomorrow, made you feel at ease. It's crazy how you've only known him for a few months and now he's not only the coolest guy in the world but someone you can truly count on; that really made you happy.