•|12|•

"You look gorgeous lady (Y/n)!"

"My, always dashing whatever it is that you're wearing!"

"You might even outshine Lady Emily."

"Thanks but I have no intention of being the center of attention" (Y/n) replied to the maids as they kept on showering her with comments. After the run in with the succubus awhile ago, Alice was able to create a somewhat convincing alibi to her family on why the bedroom window where (Y/n) was staying was shattered. Somehow, Lord Edward and Lady Amanda believed in her story but caused Alice to be somewhat grounded.

"Grounded? Does that mean I can't attend the ball?" Alice gulped.

"No dear, we don't want to ruin this ball for your sister" Amanda replied to her daughter.

"What? But I-" Amanda shot a look at her husband which instantly cut him off.

"It means by all times, you will be staying by our side during the ball" She continued. Alice let out a sigh of relief upon hearing that.

"And also no desserts" Lord Edward finished.

That's when Alice's face showcased pure fear and terror. "N-No... But I heard the desserts were going to be- no" She croaked. Knowing Alice having a sweet tooth, (Y/n) could only feel pity for the girl. But that was only the least of her problems.

As the maids helped (Y/n) moved into a different room, she spoke to Takeyo.

"Takeyo, I want you to keep a close eye on Alice" She said to him.

"What? But my lady, my task is-"

"This is an order Takeyo" (Y/n) insisted. "If that succubus or whatever it is comebacks, it's likely she might target Alice because of her powers. Just like how the other household servants are wary of Alice, other creatures like that succubes wouldn't want to be discovered."

"I-I see... But what about you Lady (Y/n)? What if they attack you while I'm out of sight just like earlier?"

"Don't worry... Attack me once shame on me.. Attack me twice, it is the afterlife for them" (Y/n) said darkly.

As night draws near, more guests were arriving. (Y/n) could only pray that none of these folks attending were out to get her. She didn't want Emily's birthday ruined because of the situation she was in. She didn't want the Midfords, or anyone else dear to her get caught in her battles. She didn't want another victim to follow after Edgar...

She had enough.

Whoever this enemy of hers was, sibling or family... An unknown brother or her distant father. In this battle she is in, the only climax is her being triumphant and her enemies suffer in hellish defeat.

She placed a her hand on chest as looked outside the window, 'You bloody butler... Don't run out on me...'

"Lady (Y/n)..." (Y/n) turned around to see two maids holding dresses and an undergament that she detests wholly. "It's time to put on your corset and dress Lady (Y/n)."

(Y/n) swallowed a lump in her throat. The only thing she yields to is a tight corset.

》》》

Issa here, so here are the dresses and masks of your choice. If you don't like any them, feel free to come up with whatever dress you'd like to wear - as long as its relavant to the timeline or something. EHhehehehheehehe

(Dresses)