•|16|•

[Warning: This is gonna be a messed up chapter ;)))

Hope you guys enjoy]

The Midford Household became dark and grim the following days. Rather than holding a funeral, the Midfords' had decided to cremate the beloved matriarch. As much as they wanted to hold a memorial, nobody wanted to hold one- for what they wanted was justice. Yet, they had no strength to do so.

Edward had spent the next days drinking to forget the pain. He had been neglecting his duties and shut himself away. His wife, Amanda, tried her best to tend to her scarred daughters at the sametime try to handle the dismantle household. She tried to remain strong, but sadly even she weeps at night upon hearing the tears of pain from her husband and children.

Emily and Alice hadn't left their rooms after the funeral. Their absence worried their colleagues.

"Emily..." Chandini mumbled to herself in worry as she stands by her doorstep carrying her food. She and the King had decided to assist the family in this time of trouble. King Sohma and his Son helped out Amanda in running the household.

Chandini was still scarred at what she had just witnessed that night. The body of Francis Midford crucified while her decapitated head lay on the table like a trophy. She wasn't able to sleep that following days as the horrible image would pop into her mind. What foul demon would do such a thing to lady Midford? To think people like them tread this earth is just-

"Is that for Lady Emily?" A smooth voice pulled her out of her deep thought. She looked up to see a tall and lean butler with jet black hair. She had only met him recently- turns out he was another servant of (Y/n) Phantomhive.

"Cat got your tongue my dear?" He questioned.

"Oh-uh-". Snapping out of her trance she replied, "Y-Yes this is her meal" she said in a shrill voice.

"I see... Very well then, carry on" He then left.

The aura that man possesses would raise Chandini's hair on ends. There was something about him that she did not wish to know. He and his master, (Y/n) Phantomhive, are such mysterious people. Yet, thankfully, she wasn't a nosy and curious person to put her nose in stuff she wasn't related in.

The Phantomhives weren't her priority...

It was to be there for Emily and help her family...

•••

As Sebastian walked down the halls of the gloomy mansion, he tried to control the excitement he has upon sensing the melancholy shrouding the place. Especially to his dear mistress. The sense of sorrow and pain she let out only increased his desire for her.

He knocked on her door, but there was no reply. He let out a sigh and decided to let himself in. After all, his mistress was in no mood to talk.

"My lady, when will we be heading back to the mansion?" He asked her mistress who was buried in her bed. She hadn't left her quarters, nor had bathed nor eaten eversince the funeral. Her loss of appetite and grooming worried Sebastian, of if this continues... The soul he had fully admired would diminish and go stale.

(Y/n) gave no reply to her butler's question. She stared at her butler with dead eyes, then shifted herself turning away from him and faced the curtains blocking out the sunlight.

Sebastian let out a sigh. "My Lady, I understand the state you are in. But neglecting your needs will worsen your condition-"

"As if it'd get worse" (Y/n) grumbled.

"Lounging around doing nothing would lead to terrible outcomes."

(Y/n) snorted, "Funny... I thought doing nothing would result in nothing."