•|10|•

"Tell me... Did my father, ever had a woman before he married my mother?"

Her Grandmother turned to her with widened eyes. "(Y/n), what do you mean by that?" She gasped. "Your father, my one and only nephew Ciel Phantomhive, only had eyes for your mother, my dearest daughter, Elizabeth!"

"Just because they were betrothed to one another eversince childhood, doesn't mean one of them couldn't have fallen for a different person before I was concieved! Or worse mayb-"

"(Y/n)! Under no circumstance they would have done such betrayal to one another" Francis cutted her of. She stood from her seat and let out a deep breathe. "Ciel and Lizzy only had eyes for each, even when your father went away she remained loyal to him. And knowing Ciel, I highly doubt he would do such thing to her... In fact, your father never had to balls to speak to another woman" she lightly chukcled

(Y/n) wanted to join in the laughter with her grandmother, but to her it wasn't funny. She wasn't satisfied with her answer and it bothered her. What she said was mostly about her mother's side, but what about her father. She felt silly to think her grandmother could've given her a satisfying answer but she was wrong.

Maybe asking Sebastian- No! She didn't want to ask him. For all she knows, he could just make up a lie. Even if she orders him to spill out the truth, he would do his best to hide the dark secrets from her father. The many disadvantages of inheriting the contract rather than performing it.

"I don't understand why you are suddenly curious (Y/n), but your just wasting your time. You should better prepare yourself for ball tonight. You deserve to at least relax after what happened to Ho-chien" Francis's voice was sullen at the mention of his name. (Y/n) clenched her teeth. The real truth about Ho-chien was never revealed to them. Sure he betrayed her, but (Y/n) didn't want to ruin the last bit of memory they have of him.

Ho-chien may have died a villain, but it would be better if only she knows of it. To them, Ho-chien was the joyous clown that brightened up their day...

(Y/n) only wish she wasn't decieved.

"Of course Grandmother" (Y/n) replied to her. "I apologize for wasting your time, I was just curious if I ever had a brother-"

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!" Her grandmother suddenly snapped. She ran towards her and grabbed shoulders. "Did you just say brother?" Her eyes were filled with terror. "Did you mean brother?"

(Y/n) could only nodded in response she was takenaback by her grandmother. Francis staggered back, she leaned unto her table for support looking unnerved. "Grandmother... Do you mean I have a bro-"

"No!" She hissed. "You never had a brother (Y/n)! You never had one! You are an only child!" She exclaimed.

"Grandmother, tell me! You know something Grandmother! I need to know."

"I-I can't... I-I" She stuttered in her words as she began to tremble. (Y/n) approached her grandmother and spoke in a low voice but demanding voice, "I need to know Grandmother."

Francis looked at her, at took in deep breaths to calm herself. "Right..." She then stood up. "If it must be done then..." she let out another deep breath, "Later tonight... During the Party (Y/n), meet me back here. I have something to show and tell you that your grandfather had relayed to me before he passed away."

(Y/n)'s eyes widned with shock, 'Even Grandfather knows? How?'

"It was your mother's words..."

"Mother" It was getting more and more deeper by the minute. "Grandmother tell me! I need to know more!"

"Later tonight!"

"But-"

(Y/n)'s words were cut off by a knock on the door. "Come in" Francis said ignoring her granddaughter. It was none other than King Sohma, "Hello, Lady Francis. Pardon the intrusion- oh (Y/n)!" He beamed upon seeing her but (Y/n) tried to hide her scowl.