ice breaker.

No one's around me. I might be a puck hog but you can't say I'm a bad player. Open shot. Of course I take it. The wind consumes me as I swerve around 2 defensive players on the opposing team. I can hear my teammates screaming at me, "Pass it Luke!!! I've got a clear shot!", why I don't listen I don't know. The adrenaline races through my blood and into my head, blurring my vision. The crowd's cheering my name, making me smirk as I take the shot.

I made it, I didn't think I wouldn't. My teammates scowled at me. I just scored, aren't they happy? The whole school is here cheering me on as I return to the center. The score is 3-3. Tie. Ashton, one of my teammates, bumps in to me as he glides past, his musty yet sweaty smell rushing to my nose. "Don't be a Puck hog bro. We are called a team for a reason," he says, knowing that I probably won't listen anyway.

The center on the opposing team seems oddly familiar. As the referee sets the puck down in front of us the center unexpectedly whispers something to me. I couldn't really hear him but I swear he said, "Be a good boy Hemmings," I recognized the voice but i couldn't exactly make out who it belonged to. 1, 2, 3. I quickly slid the puck to another one of my teammates, Calum, and kept a keen eye on the center. I follow the puck across the ice near the opposing goal, and I'm sure that this game will be a short one yet again. I bite my lip when the center on the other team rushes past me and snatches the puck from Calum, quickly passing it to another teammate on the other half of the court. "Fuck," I say quietly under my breath.

I tried to keep up but the next thing I knew the crowd screamed, I'm not even sure if they were booing or cheering at this point. My stomach clenched. They scored, meaning that our winning streak was dine for. The opposing team took off their helmets and skated in victory. That's when I realized who the center really was. My stomach turned as I skated towards the exit. Michael Clifford.

-----

Sadly our school's funding is ridiculously low, so we have to share a locker room with the other team. Usually it doesn't bother me too much. With a towel around my body, I'm very self conscious with my body and other people seeing it, and shower utilities in hand I looked for an open shower stall. I sighed. Why does this always happen to me? I asked myself as I realized that of course, the only shower stall open was the one right next to Michael's. I don't have big problem with Michael besides the fact that he has bullied me since grade school and is a complete ass.

"Don't be shy Hemmings, " Michael started with a huge smirk on his face, very much knowing how insecure I was, "You want me to turn around?" He hopefully finished. I was wrong. "Oh, right, and guess who's the new player on the Riverway High hockey team?"

I bit my lip ring, making my mouth sting for a split second. He's lying. That fucking bastard is lying. But he wasn't. The coach would totally do something like this. "I hope you're okay with that, buddy," he said, punching my arm as I reluctantly got into the shower stall next to his.

-----

I stormed out of the locker room with wet hair and saggy clothes on. I had to find Coach, which probably won't be hard considering usually he's getting head from the superintendent in his office after games. I learned that the hard way. It didn't matter right now, though, my main focus was talking to him about his decision of putting Michael Clifford on the varsity hockey team.

I looked through his office window to make sure I wasn't interrupting anything. I didn't see the superintendent anywhere so that was a good sign I guess. I opened the door, startling my coach and the female that was under his desk. "W-what do you want boy! Every heard of knocking?" He asked quite angrily. I couldn't help but giggle.

"Sorry, Coach, but we seriously need to talk about your decision of putting Michael on our team. I didn't really appreciate you not discussing this with the team captain first," I said shakily. I'm not very good with stating my opinion but I hope I got my point across.

I saw him motion something to the person under the table, with the response of girly giggles. "Look, Luke, I know I probably should've talked to you about it but it's an obvious decision. It's the beginning of the season and we have already lost 2 players, we need Michael. Plus, he's amazing," coach said as fast as possible, probably to shoo me away.

"I hope your right. But he's bad news coach," I knew I couldn't change his mind. Coach is pretty stubborn. But so am I.

-----
THIS CHAPTER MAKES ME CRINGE SO MUCH JESUS CHRIST EW I'M SORRY NEW READERS. OMFG I WOULD REWRITE THE FIRST CHAPTER BUT I'M TOO LAZY FUCK THIS SUCKS GAHAHABA // my twitter is @mikeysdoll4 if u wanna follow  me that would be cool

A/N

Hi guys. So this is an new account with an old user. This is my first Muke fanfic as well so I could definately use feedback, good and bad. I hope you guys enjoy it, even thought this chapter's kinda boring. If you guys have an questions comment them below, thanks.