mutual.

High school wasn't hell. Well, it's not if your popular enough for the whole school to basically worship you. Being the captain for the varsity hockey team has it's perks, but I didn't ask for the love notes in my locker and the basic girls asking for my number. I always wonder what it's like to not be popular, but I get reminded that everytime I see Michael in the hallway beating up some freshman for.. usually no reason. I guess that is why i'm nice to, well, everyone. I don't want to be worshipped. OK maybe I do. But just a little.

I walked into 4th period biology with a slight smirk on my face, playing with my lip ring. Biology was my favorite period ever since Michael had stopped picking on me. He's so perky and uplifting. You can't not smile when he makes the funniest faces to you whenever you walk in the room, or when he laughs his adorable loud laugh at the stupidest things. I set my stuff down on my desk to realize there's a note on it.

There's a hot sub today; )
-michael

I giggled and looked over at Michael who had on the cheekiest smile. He motioned towards the woman at the front of the room getting prepared for the class. She wore glasses, her hair was down and curly, and she was wearing a pencil skirt and a sweater. I honestly thought that she was just another girl in our class, looking so young. I guess she was pretty.

"Ok so you guys are probably used to the whole sub talk thing so, um, yes?" The sub stopped talking when Michael suddenly raised his hand. The whole class started giggling.

"Yeah, I was just wondering if you could sit on my face," Michael said, almost too confidently towards our sub. She looked annoyed, obviously having gone through this earlier. The class erupted with laughter and surely Michael had to have been proud of himself. I don't know why he loves the attention to much.

"I'm 32, and engaged. Please just sit and be quiet okay?" She said, almost unsure of herself. It seemed as if she didn't know how to handle the situation, afraid to give him a detention or send him to the hall. The rest of that class was silent besides the constant clicking of pens and Michael's snoring.

-----

The school is so big. I never really realized it until this year, when I found out that there's actually a 3rd lunchroom. I walked to it quietly, and alone. I might be popular but I honestly have only 2 good friends. I wonder if Michael would sit with us. I wonder how his douchebag friends think of him hanging with us anyway. I sat down at the table next to Ashton and across from Calum.

"What's wrong?" Calum asked with a concerned look. I realized that I was staring at Michael looking where to sit and got embarrassed.

"Nothing, just tired," I said, meaning every word. My heart jumped a little when I realized Michael's choice to sit with his usual crowd. I don't know why I was suddenly concerned about him. I don't know if I like it.

-----

Hockey practice was pretty normal I guess. I went home and went straight to bed when of course my phone was buzzing from the group chat.

Mikey: What's the answers to the health homework???

Ash: dude figure it out urself!

Cal: idfk

Mikey: ugh looks like im getting another f

I grunted and rolled to my side. He can't fail health, he could get kicked off the team.

Me: its b, a, b, d, a, c

Me: I'm pretty sure anyway

Mikey: thanks :)

Ash: should've just let him fail

Mikey: shut up ash

Cal: Michael, Luke was very upset when you didn't sit by him at lunch

Ash:he looked very lonesome

Me: what!? I never said any of this

Cal: couldn't keep his eyes off u

Mikey: I guess the feelings mutual