breathless.

School was absolutely horrid without Michael. Of course Ashton and Calum were helpful with bullies but it got so much worse. We lost the championship and I guess it was my fault, and everyone was blaming it on me. I never realized how weak and helpless I actually was until Michael wasn't there to protect me.

"Fuck you," I said, a group of kids had me pinned against the lockers. I guess it was a new game they made up called, "turn the Fagot straight".

"Gabi, you go first," said another girl, Gabi walking up to me. She gave me a seductive look. She was pretty but I only love Michael, and it's not because he's a boy. It's because of who he is. She was about to kiss me but I turned my head, making one of the people holding me punch me hard in the gut.

"FUCKING LET ME GO!!" I screamed, hoping a teacher or one of my friends would come to the rescue. Every kick and noise I made I got punches and kicks right back, harder. Tears were streaming from my eyes.

"Don't you see Luke!? We are trying to help you!! We don't want you to be cursed like this, just kiss me and maybe your gayness will go away!" Gabi said, inching closer to my face.

"Don't you see!? Michael is perfection and none of you can replace him. I wouldn't care if Michael was a girl! I wouldn't stop loving him, and I never will," I said with a growl in my voice. Everyone looked shocked, and angry.

"You're going to hell," she said, walking away, everyone else following.

"At least I'll die happy," I said. I stood up for myself. I can't wait to tell Michael. I get to see him again today.

-----

I walked into the hospital, it was noisy today. There were hospital beds being rushed everywhere. Codes being yelled across the room. The desk lady immediately recognized me and began to frown, a tear fell from her eye. Maybe there was an accident.

"I'm here for Mich-" she cut me off before I could finish. She got up and hugged me.

"Michael can't have visitors right now sweetie. I'm so, so sorry. He has been rushed into surgery. He stopped breathing, Luke. His lungs are failing. They are doing everything they can," she said, her hands on my shoulders, sympathy coating her face.

I went numb. I couldn't tell if my body was functioning. Everyone was promising me he would be ok. But he wasn't. My face felt wet by the touch. I guess I was crying too, I wanted to but the numbness took over my body. I started shaking and sat on the floor. The numbness retreated and I curled into a ball in front of her desk, rocking back and forth and crying like a 3 year old who missed their mom at daycare.

I couldn't speak, I couldn't breath. I found myself gasping for air. The desk lady got up and tried to comfort me. She had begun crying herself. I pushed her way and closed my eyes. My hands covered my face. I guess I really did take Michael's breath away.

-----

A/N

I teared up while writing this. Poor Luke

Bye. :(