28

"I'm so full!" I groaned, patting my overstuffed stomach.

The small, gold bell over the café door chimed, signaling Kaden and I's departure. Stepping out into the cold air, I cursed myself up and down the street for not bringing a scarf or something because this weather was just going south ever since summer ended.

"I told you not to eat all of it." Kaden whistled to himself, walking just a bit ahead of me. Tipping his head to the side, he smirked at me over his shoulder. "You didn't listen to me..."

"That's because I wasn't full...at the time." I murmured.

I knew he was right, but me being the stubborn person I was, wasn't going to admit that to him, especially when my stomach was screaming at me, ready to rebel by ejecting anything else I decided to put in there.

Kaden rolled his eyes, "Just don't puke in my car because if you do, you'll be on your hands and knees cleaning in while I, thoroughly enjoy the view."

"Oh god. I think I'm going to be sick." I exaggerated, blowing my cheeks up into a fake gag.

That probably had been the wrong move because the thought of throw up, only made me want to hurl even more.

God, I should've stopped eating after three pancakes, but I swear, it's not fair that food is so darn good!

Okay, it's final then! No breakfast tomorrow morning! That'll make up for all the junk I just ate, and if we're speaking in truth here, I don't even think I'll be hungry until tomorrow night.

"Buttercup! I wasn't kidding about not puking on me, in my car, or anywhere where I might throw up too." Kaden exclaimed before he burst out laughing at my current tortured state. Rude.

"Maybe I'll throw up on you just to get you to shut up." I glared playfully.

"I can assure you that whatever dirty fantasy you have of me in that creative little mind of yours that I admire so much, me in throw up isn't that appetizing... it's quite gross actually..." His face turned a little green.

A laugh bubbled from my lips but I stopped instantly, curling my arms around my stomach as I keeled over, "Ohhh, don't make me laugh!" I moaned. My stomach churned uncomfortably.

Okay.... Maybe laughing wasn't such a good idea, or walking, or even breathing until this wave of nauseous passed...

"Buttercup? You alright there?" Kaden asked, his voice filled with concern as he stepped towards me.

"I feel like one of those fat little blueberries that you have to dig around for." I glanced up at him, my arms still curled around myself, "I'm seriously contemplating taking you up on that offer of just rolling me to your car."

"You can be such a drama queen sometimes, buttercup. I hope you know that." Rolling his eyes, my mouth opened to respond sarcastically back to his little comment when he started walking closer to me. At first, I had thought he was just coming over here for moral support, but no! He invaded my circle of freaking grace and swept me off the floor, bridal freaking style!

My eyes bulged from their sockets and I shrieked with outrage, throwing my arms around his neck, "What the heck do you think you're doing, Romeo?!"

"Well, buttercup," Kaden looked down at me, his lips twitching at the sight of me in his arms as he began walking down the dark sidewalk. "I happen to love my car very, very, very much. And if I let you walk all the way there and you end up puking in my baby, I'll have to chop you into tiny little pieces. But, for the sake of our little bet and the fact that I do enjoy that little look on your face whenever I tell you a sexy joke, I'll have to keep you around." He shot me a wink, "For now, at least..."