Author's Note

A/N: Hi everyone! This is my first time writing a fanfic but I am excited to share this with you all and I hope you enjoy it! I just finished watching Haikyuu!! but I haven't started the manga yet. I know it's finished and that kind of makes me sad, but I promise I'll get to it. I accidentally spoiled some of it for myself by reading memes on instagram, heh.

Anyways, this fic was inspired by Ushijima Wakatoshi, aka Ushiwaka, because I absolutely love his character! There's just something about him that's intriguing and I would like to try bring out a different side of him that we don't get to see in the show. I'll do my best not to write him OOC but if you have input please feel free to let me know!

Here is also a little more information on some of the backstory of the main character (you!). You've been playing the viola since middle school, even though it says in the caption I thought I'd explain it more clearly. For those of you who don't know, the viola is a string instrument that is very similar to violin, except that it has a lower range in notes. There is also a running joke in orchestra that people who play the viola got demoted from violin because they weren't good enough, which is why the instrument is often overlooked. THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT TRUE THOUGH! There are many great violists around the world! And in this story, you just happen to be one of them! (This aspect of the story was also inspired by another one of my favorite anime, Your Lie in April. If you haven't watched it yet, GO WATCH IT!!! It is definitely up there in the ranks and I cried so much over it.

OKAY! Back to your middle school years! You originally wanted to play the cello, but too many students had signed up for that so your teacher had you switch to viola. Totally lame, I know, but at least you were his favorite student for 10 seconds! :) Over the years you had grown to love it and became quiet skilled at it. During the weekends you take private lessons with a music teacher and play with a youth symphony group in the prefecture, near Shiratorizawa. At school you also participate in the advanced orchestra (I'm making this part up because I'm assuming that a school as prestigious as Shiratorizawa would definitely include a music/arts program).

As I had included in the caption, music is your passion. (Even if you're not a musician in real life, I'd like to think that this is something we can all relate to because music brings us all together. It makes us feel something and I hope to convey that throughout the story as well.) Your character always practices diligently, similar to how the volleyball team practices everyday in hopes of getting better.

Unbeknownst to you, this year had some surprises in store that would take your breath away. I think that Ushijima-san would be compatible with someone that can take him head on instead of backing away. Even though he's an intimidating guy, he's just a softie sometimes. By being just as determined as he is, he would see you as honorable and you'd earn his respect. *Cough* and maybe something more. I guess you'll just have to read and find out.

THAT IS ALL! Sorry for the long read, the chapters will definitely be much more composed and detailed though! Stay tuned and please leave reviews!! :) Love you all! <3