Chapter 22: Not Quite

"Let's go Wakatoshi-kun!" You screamed loudly at the ace, everyone else seemed to be using his first name so you joined in the fun. It made you feel a little closer to him, even though he let you call him Waka-chan when you were alone.

He slammed the ball hard after Shirabu passed to him. With that hit the game ended, the other team wasn't able to receive it and Shiratorizawa had already claimed the first set.

You quickly grabbed the towels and water as the team lined up. Once the formalities were over, boys made their way over to you and the coaches.

"Ew that's so gross Goshiki-san!" You pushed his sweaty body away from yours.

"Aw, but we won because you were such a good manager!"

"Actually, no, that was an easy win for you guys because you work well together. The opposing team didn't look like they were communicating at all."

The team paused to look at you.

"What? I'm serio-" They completely ignored your previous statement and lifted you up. Ohira and Yamagata carried you on their shoulders and everyone moved to pose for a picture. 

Coach Saito pulled out his phone, "Say Shiratorizawa!"

"SHIRATORIZAWA!"

Tendou ended up blocking your face with a peace sign, but you couldn't be bothered by it. Their way of showing appreciation made you feel bubbly inside and you smiled at their upbeat attitudes.

"Ah, Tendou-san, before I forget, here's the program."

He took the small pamphlet from your hands, "Thank you (L/N)-chan! Maybe next time you should bring your own jacket though. Not that Wakatoshi-kun minds, right?"

You flushed at the realization that the jacket you were wearing belonged to Ushijima. Tendou was nudging him very obnoxiously.

"S-sorry, I must have grabbed the wrong one," quickly taking it off you gave it back to him, "I'll be sure to check next time."

Ushijima just nodded and went to talk to the coaches. Still bothered by the Oikawa incident, he didn't feel completely comfortable around you. He was worried that his jealousy would become apparent. 

Though to you, it seemed like he was upset. You frowned before turning back to Tendou.

"Well you guys better get ready for the next game, huh?"

"Yeah, but we have half an hour until warm ups again so I'm going to walk around."

"Okay, fine by me."

You watched the red head exit the court area before opening up your sheet music. There would be no time to practice today because of the games, so studying the notes were the only thing you could do.

After a few minutes of humming to yourself, Semi came to sit by you.

"Hey (L/N)-san."

"Hey," your eyes were still glued to the music.

"Did you have fun watching the game?"

"Yep."

"You're glad we won, right?"

"Yep."

"Didn't I look good out there?"

"Yep."

"Are you going to keep saying that to every question I ask?"

"Yep."

"So why where you talking to Oikawa-san?"

"Ye- wait, you saw that?" You looked at him directly this time.