Chapter 13: We Meet Again

The rest of the week went by pretty fast for you and being the team's manager was becoming easier. On top of that you found a more effective way to use your time to practice and teach. The boys were getting into the groove of things on the court and the same could be said for Seiya with music. Everything was going well and you were happy.

You were especially excited for today because Oikawa was going to take you on another outing. He texted a few days ago saying to meet him at the mall nearby. Practice had finished earlier this morning so now you were just getting ready.

"Hmm, I wonder what I should wear this morning," you said to no one in particular. 

Since the truth or dare incident with Ushijima he had been off around you. Not that he acted weird, he just seemed different. Part of you had changed too. When you were with the team you found yourself searching for him when you couldn't find him, or always handing him a water bottle first. Shrugging off the thought, you continued to dig through your closet.

A cute top and skirt would be perfect for this occasion. Pulling everything on, you headed to the small bathroom to do your makeup. 

*BZZT BZZT*

You looked at your phone that sat on the counter, Oikawa had just texted you.

"Hey (L/N)-chan, I just wanted to let you know I'm outside the school gates now, the bus here was pretty fast so I thought I'd come pick you up. ~ Tooru <3"

After reading this you put on the rest of your makeup and grabbed your instrument before rushing out. The dorms were being cleaned today and by bringing your viola, no one would touch it while you were gone.

As you neared the gate, you noticed that Oikawa wasn't alone. Ushijima was talking to him about something and it seemed intense. 

"Hey guys, am I interrupting?" The two glared at each other before Ushijima turned to you.

"No (L/N)-san, I will see you at dinner." He walked away leaving you with Oikawa.

"What was that all about?"

Oikawa just smiled and ruffled your hair, "Don't worry your pretty little head about that. Now let's go to the mall!"

The first thing you did upon arriving there was head straight to the food court. You had skipped breakfast because of practice and you were starving. 

"Come on Tooru, let's go get ramen! I love the spicy noodles they serve at this place!" Dragging him over to the restaurant, you asked to be seated at a table for two.

He laughed at your enthusiasm, "I think I'll just get the regular broth, spicy burn my tongue." 

After the two of your ordered you told him about being the manager as well as your music lessons with Seiya. Oikawa smiled as you acted out some of your stories, though you didn't tell him about what happened with Ushijima a few nights ago. It would be better not to mention it.

"So what about you? How is volleyball going?"

"Well, right now we're preparing for official games, just like your team. Hopefully we'll get to play Shiratorizawa, I can't wait to see Ushiwaka-san lose."

You scoffed, "Very funny, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see who's the best."

"Agreed."

"..."

"..."

"So, um, (L/N)-chan, I was thinking," usually it was dangerous when Oikawa started thinking, but you had an idea of where this was going.