32 - The Girl He Never Saw

Draco turned back to the witch he had just shared a bottle of wine with and suddenly wished she wasn't there.

He felt mortified, as though he had been caught cheating or something.

But yet, Ivy wasn't his; and he wasn't hers. And not only that, she was currently at home with her fiancé.

Draco's stomach twisted horrifically; she was in an abusive relationship and she couldn't even see it. And not only that, he was the only one who knew.

He owed it to her to try and save her whilst he could. He knew that much.

"I think it's time I better lock up," he found himself saying to the brunette.

"Oh," she said, eagerly jumping to her feet. "Shall we go back to yours? I could do with a coffee."

Draco swallowed, his eyes lingering on her, sweeping over her attractive figure. She was exactly the kind of witch he normally wouldn't hesitate to dive into. The idea of having a good hard fuck and blocking everything out for a bit was actually somewhat tempting.

But as soon as he thought that, the horrendous image of Ivy being raped flashed in his mind. And a horrific sickening feeling swooped low in his stomach.

"No," he said coldly. "Go home, Suki."

Her face dropped in disappointment. But Draco couldn't even bring himself to feel bad.

Not when Ivy needed him.

*****

The first thing I felt when I awoke the following morning was a horrific hollowness in the pit of my stomach.

It took me a moment to realise why.

Draco.

I felt unbelievably frustrated by my own feelings. I had no right to get upset about him being with other women. I had spent the entirety of my school days watching him with my sister, after all.

And I had Percy.

Yet it didn't stop the feeling of dread when I arrived at the studio that morning.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I realised Draco wasn't there. Yet, at the same time, I had the strange feeling of disappointment too.

The studio felt oddly empty without his presence. I didn't like it. I also didn't like what it meant.

My eyes roamed automatically towards the window and landed on his apartment. Was she currently in his bed?

When the door opened an hour after I arrived, I could barely control the fluttering of my heart upon seeing him; the white-blond haired Slytherin whose beauty still didn't fail to take my breath away.

"Ivy," he murmured as he stepped inside, his eyes piercing mine in the way they always did every time he greeted me with the same loaded question, "are you all right?"

I nodded instantly, my mind still wondering about his previous night's antics; my stomach wringing unpleasantly as I pictured him moaning and climaxing; immersing himself in her body.

"Nothing happened," he said at once. "She went home after you left. And I went back to mine. Alone."

"Please," I said, my relief tinged with the complete mortification that he felt he had to reassure me, "you don't have to explain. It's none of my business what you do."

I wanted to cry, and I didn't know why. I looked away, not being able to bear the expression on his face: pity.

"Have you any plans today?" Draco asked, causing an unexpected hopefulness in my heart.