First Year - Chapter 2

"It's beautiful." I say in awe, seeing how the night sky looks against the castle and the lake. It's everything I imagined and more.

"It really is." Harry says, helping me into a boat with him. "I feel like I know you from somewhere, Y/n." Harry says, as we begin to sail to the castle.

"I think we met at the wand shop about a month ago." I say, even though I remember that moment very vividly.

He has a look of realization on his face, "Ohh, that's right." He says.

He and I both go back to staring at the castle, when I start to feel not so good again, but this time it's from sea sickness.

Harry notices, and asks if I'm okay, and that I was looking rather pale.

"Yeah I'm fine." I say, clutching my stomach, "Just a little sea sick." Gosh I hate that I have a weak stomach like that. We haven't even been on the lake for that long!

Harry looks at me, not really sure about what he should do, so he pulls me into a semi-awkward, yet semi-comforting hug and says, "It'll be okay, we're almost there."

He's not lying either, it's just about time to get off. The boats pull up to the edge of the lake, and Harry helps me out again, "Better now?" Harry asks.

"A lot better." I say, feeling my stomach start to settle down. I don't know him too well, but I think Harry and I are going to be good friends. Hopefully he'll be in the same house as me.

The Sorting

We start to walk towards the castle, and once we're inside, I see a lady waiting for us, who I'm presuming is one of our professors. She has an older look to her, and a stern facial expression, which tells me she isn't gonna be messing around, especially when it comes to the rules.

"Welcome to Hogwarts." She says, "Shortly, you'll pass through these doors and join your classmates." It sounds like she's tired of repeating that same sentence every year. "But before you take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff..."  I smile at Hufflepuff, "...Ravenclaw, and Slytherin." Ugh, Slytherin. Mum and Dad have told me about how all of the bad wizards were from Slytherin. "While you're here, your house will be like your family." She continues, "Your triumphs earn you points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points wins the house cup." 

She's about to finish, when a boy spots something by her foot, and runs up and exclaims, "Trevor!" It must be Neville that picks up the animal because it's a toad that he picks up. I remember Hermione saying how she was looking for Neville's toad. 

Neville slowly looks up at the professor, mumbles an apology, and steps back to where he was standing before.

The professor gives him an annoyed look, and then finishes her mini speech by saying, "The sorting ceremony will begin soon."

She then walks away, and us students start talking among ourselves.

I start to ask Hermione what house she think she'll be sorted into, but then I hear someone move towards the front onto the stairs and say, "It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." I turn around to see who's talking, and I recognize him immediately. You can't miss him with that bleach blond hair, pale skin, and blue-ish grey-ish eyes. It's Draco Malfoy. Mum and Dad have told me about the Malfoy's before, and how Draco's father, Lucius, was a deatheater, and how they can't be trusted. They're whole bloodline is pure, and full of Slytherins.

"Harry Potter?" I hear others whisper to each other, shocked that they're in the same class as the legend himself.

"This is Crabbe and Goyle." Malfoy says, obviously talking about the two giant looking 11 year olds behind him. There is no WAY those two are my age. "And I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." He announces, obviously taking pride in his family name, being the rich snobs that they are. I then hear Ron let out a small snicker from my left.