Fourth Year - Chapter 1

A/N

PLEASE READ THIS!

I got into Harry Potter over quarantine, so I haven't finished all of the books yet. I have watched the movies multiple times, but I have a short attention span so that's why I haven't finished the books. Now that I'm reading them though, I realize some of the parts I'm messing up, so I apologize if it bothers you at all. I'm trying hard to make this good though, so I hope you still enjoy it :)

Y/n's POV:

"Anything off the trolley dears?" The older lady on the train asks.

"Packet of drewbals and a liquorice wand." Ron says, but looks down and sees he doesn't have enough money, "On second thought, just the drewbals."

"It's alright, I'll get it." Harry says, going to the trolley.

"Two pumpkin pasties." A girl says. She sounds like Cho Chang, Harry's crush. I can tell with her thick Scottish accent. I look over and see that it is her. I don't think I've ever really seen her before. She's really pretty. I can see why Harry likes her. "Thank you." She says, leaving to go back to her train car.

"Anything sweet for you dear?" The lady asks Harry.

"Oh, no thank you, I'm not hungry." Harry says, forgetting all about Ron after his interaction with Cho. He comes to sit back down, looking flushed and smiling.

We're on our way to Hogwarts today for the start of our fourth year.

Everyone is still talking about the Quidditch World Cup, and how the mark reappeared. Some are worrying, and some are denying.

"This is horrible!" Hermione exclaims angrily as she reads the newspaper, "How can the Ministry not know who conjured it?" She asks, referring to the night at the Quidditch Cup, "Isn't there any security?"

"Loads according to Dad, that's what worried them so much." Ron says between chewing his sweets, "Happened right under their noses."

"It's hurting again, isn't it?" Hermione says, looking at Harry. I look over and see Harry rubbing his scar in pain.

"I'm fine." Harry insists.

"You know Sirius will want to hear about this. What you saw at the world cup, and the dream." Hermione says to him.

Harry had been having dreams about Voldemort and Peter Pettigrew, along with another man. Apparently it's the same dream every time, which is weird. I mean, I've had re-occurring dreams, but nothing like his.

His ends every time with the same man dying, apparently an old man, who gets killed by Voldemort's snake.

Each time he has the dream, the details get more detailed.

Sending a Letter

Dear Mum and Dad,

I hope things are going well. I arrived at Hogwarts with the others safely, and we stayed safe during the Quidditch World Cup, in case you were wondering. There's a lot of talk about Voldemort and his followers striking again, so I hope you stay safe. Try to write back whenever you can. I'm hoping you'll write more this year, I'll have lots to tell about the Tri-Wizard Cup when it begins at school this year. I heard about it from Fred and George since you didn't tell me about it.

Sincerely,

Y/n

I take my letter that I've passive-aggressively written, and call for Midnight.

She flies over, and we leave our dorm room into the common room to send the letter to wherever Mum and Dad might be.

I walk to through the common room head down, I don't want others to see my eyes, which are red.