First Year - Chapter 9

The Real Monster

When Harry had been found and brought to the hospital, Hermione, Ron and I of course had many questions. Harry was okay, which was what we had asked about first, but we then asked who was trying to steal the stone.

It turns out it wasn't Snape, it was actually Quirrell! That was a shock when we all heard that, but what was even more shocking was that it wasn't Quirrell alone. Voldemort was attached to the back of his head somehow. Said to have been some weird, dark magic.

Hermione, Ron and I are all standing at a stairwell balcony, still waiting for Harry to wake up and come out of the hospital. 

We talk about everything that's been happening lately, "I still can't believe it was Quirrell." Ron says in disbelief.

"Snape was really just trying to save Harry." I say.

We then stop talking, and look over to see Harry standing there down by the door.

"Harry!" I exclaim, so happy to see that he's awake and okay.

He smiles, "Alright there guys?"

"Alright. You?" Ron asks.

Harry shrugs, "Y/n? Hermione?"

"Never better." Hermione smiles, looking like she's going to cry.

"Grateful." I say.

House Cup Winner

We're all sitting in the Great Hall, eating and smiling, happy that the year's finally over and the chaos will be too. For now at least.

Although, it is pretty upsetting and makes me feel quilty that Slytherin's going to win the House Cup, seeing all the green and silver banners hanging from the ceiling. We could've won if it weren't for Malfoy going and blabbing about us.

McGonagall clinks her spoon on her glass, grabbing our attention.

Dumbledore then stands up from his throne-looking chair, "Another year, gone!" He starts, "And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarded and the points stand thus. In fourth place: Gryffindor, with 312 points!" He says. There's scattered clapping but we mostly just sit there, frustrated, "In third place: Hufflepuff, with 352 points!" This time there's a little bit more applause, "Second: Ravenclaw, with 426 points!" There was a lot more cheering for Ravenclaw, "And in first place, with 472 points: Slytherin house!" Everyone cheers loudly for the victors, but Gryffindor mostly stays silent. Good to know that we all can agree on something, "Yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account and I have a few last minute points to award." Dumbledore then announces. Recent events likethe Sorcerer's stone hopefully? Probably not, "First, to Miss Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect while others were in grave peril: fifty points!" Whoa! Maybe he did mean us... we all cheer very loudly for Hermione, who looks a bit embarrassed, "Second, to Mr Ronald Weasley, and Y/n Dusk, for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years: fifty points for each!" Ron and I look and smile at each other excitedly while everyone cheers for us, "And third, to mister Harry Potter, for pure love and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house: sixty points!" We all cheer and shout for Harry, realizing we're tied with Slytherin.

"We're tied with Slytherin!" Hermione exclaims, taking the words right out of my mouth.

"And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends." Dumbledore pauses to add suspense, "I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom." 

All the houses, except Slytherin, get up and cheer the loudest I've ever heard. Neville stays seated, not believing what he's just done for us.

"Yes! Good job Neville!" I cheer, smiling and patting him on the back. He still sits, shocked.

"Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of direction is in order." Dumbledore says, and claps to change the color of the banners to now Gryffindor colors, "Gryffindor wins the House Cup!" He announces, and the cheering gets even louder.

I even hear a faint, "Yes!" Which came from Hagrid.

Harry and I hug each other, and when we pull out of the hug, he blushes... again! What is with him I wonder.

Going Home

It's the last day at Hogwarts, and we spent most of our day packing and getting ready for the train ride home. 

It's crazy how much went on this year, hopefully that'll be the last of that much stress and chaos. It was fun, but I'd like to have a normal year at Hogwarts next year.

Hermione and I say goodbye to Parvati and Lavender as we leave our dorm. We didn't stay very close with them this year, but that's okay, I prefer Harry and Ron anyways.

Harry, Ron, Hermione and I all meet in the common room, and we then all make our way to the train.

"You think it's gonna be just as crazy next year?" I ask to no one in particular.

"You never know." Harry answers.

"Let's hope not." Ron chimes in, "I'd rather not be in the hospital."

"Me too." Hermione laughs in agreement.

We finally make it to the train, and see Hagrid telling everyone to start boarding, "Come on now, hurry up. You'll be late. Train's leaving. Go on. Go on. Come on. Hurry up." He says, trying to get everyone on the train.

We all get to one of the doors, and Ron, Hermione and I board the train, waving goodbye to Hagrid, but Harry dawdles I bit, "Come on, Harry." Hermione insists, not wanting him to miss the train. I see him still looking at Hagrid.

"Well go on, Harry." I say, referring to Hagrid.

"One minute." Harry says, and walks over to Hagrid.

Hagrid and Harry talk for a little, Hagrid hands Harry what looks to be a photo album, and Harry then gives him a hug. It must be sentimental I bet.

They talk some more, and then Harry comes back to be with us, "Feels strange to be going home, doesn't it?" Hermione asks us all.

"I'm not going home." Harry replies, admiring the castle in the distance, "Not really."

I smile, knowing that these next years of my life are going to be some of the best ones ever. I can't wait to see what will happen next year.

We all get into our compartment, smiling and waving to all of the professors as the train starts off to our other homes away from home.

What a year it's been.