Third Year - Chapter 6

The Execution

"I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak. It's just too horrible." Hermione says as we walk to Hagrid's.

Today's Buckbeak's execution.

"It just got worse." Harry says. Malfoy's at the top of the hill, near the path to Hagrid's. He's holding binoculars, and he's with his goons. He seems to be enjoying every minute of this.

"Ah, come to see show?" Malfoy says enthusiastically.

"You! You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" Hermione yells as she runs down right to Malfoy, pointing her wand at his neck. Malfoy's pressed up against a rock, looking like he's about to cry. I've only seen him this scared once before.

"Hermione, no! He's not worth it." Ron yells.

Hermione puts her wand down, and seems like she's walking back to us, but instead she turns around and punches Malfoy square in the face.

"Malfoy are you okay?" One of the other boys in his posse ask.

"I'm fine." Malfoy mutters, "Let's go!" He orders, running away from Hermione and back into the castle fearfully.

We all stare at Hermione in shock.

"That felt good." She admits.

"Not good, brilliant!" Ron exclaims.

We finally arrive at Hagrid's, who let's us inside.

We come inside, and see Hagrid, looking not as sad as I'd thought he would. It probably hasn't really hit him yet.

"Look at him. Loves the smell of the trees when the wind blows through them." He says, referring to Buckbeak who's tied to a chain in the pumpkin patch.

"Why don't we just set him free?" Harry asks.

"They'd know it was me, and then Dumbledore would get into trouble." He explains, "He's coming down, Dumbledore. Says he wants to be with me when they..." He pauses, "When it happens. Great man, Dumbledore. A great man."

"We'll stay with you too, Hagrid." Hermione says.

"You'll do no such thing! Think I want you seeing something like that? No. You just drink your tea and be off." He orders, "Oh. Before you do, Ron..." 

Hagrid pulls out Ron's missing, and now very frail looking rat.

"Scabbers! You're alive!" Ron exclaims.

"Keep a closer eye on your pets Ron." Hagrid says.

"I think you owe someone an apology." Hermione says.

"Right. Next time I see Crookshanks, I'll let him know." Ron says.

"I meant me!" Hermione exclaims angrily.

Suddenly, the vase next to Hermione breaks, making a loud cracking sound. A rock broke it.

"Blimey! What was that?" Hagrid asks.

"Ow!" Harry exclaims as he gets hit in the head by a small rock.

"Hagrid!" I exclaim. The minister, Dumbledore and the executioner are all on their way. 

"Oh, crikey!" Hagrid exclaims. They start to knock on the door, and Hagrid panics, "It's late. It's nearly dark. You shouldn't be here. Someone sees you outside the castle at this time of night, you'll be in trouble. Big trouble. Particularly you, Harry." Hagrid says fearfully. They continue to knock on the door, "With you in a moment!" Hagrid says, then turns to us, "Quick, quick!" He exclaims as he starts to push us out the back door.