#20 - Moving Time

Joseph collapsed in his bed exhausted. He'd taken to the rooftops and managed to get home eventually. It must've been past midnight, by the time he found his car then drove home. He was asleep the moment his head hit the pillow.

He woke up at nine. Shit. He was late. Panicking Joe jumped out of bed and began to get ready. He was out the door and in his car in less than 10 minutes. He walked into the office half an hour late but no one on his level was a higher authority than him so he was right. Apart from Kirra.

"You look terrible," she said as he walked past he desk to his office. She followed him in with a bunch of stuff for him to sign.

"Yeah I overslept," Joe replied.

"Really, looks like you got up at 5 and ran a marathon," Kirra suggested.

"Nah, just not a great sleep," Joe lied, it was the best sleep he'd ever had. The day whizzed past and before he even knew it Joe was home.

He checked his phone and found he had a text from Kirra, "Hey, can u come over at about 10 to help move tomorrow thx, luv ya <3." Joe had completly forgotten about Kirra even moving in tomrorow. He got up had a shower and did his usual deal.

The news was doing a major story on the Lynx running faster than a car to save a schoo bus full of children. They were labeling him as a hero but Joe was unsure. He may have saved them but he had let the Machete get away.

Joseph suddenly realized he might have another problem though. If Kirra lived here she would probably notice him going out late every night, the same nights that the Lynx's makes an appearance. And also she would have a good chance of finding the Lynx suit since he kept it in his training room. If he was with Kirra when the Machete called him out again he would be in major trouble.

***

"Ahh, Mr Maranto, what a suprise to see you here early on a Saturday morning," Mr Rufereberg meted Joseph when he walked in the room.

"I have a small problem," Joe started.

"Is this involving Machete, because we're doing our best to track him down," Sir asked.

"Actually, no," Jospeh exclaimed, "You see, my girlfriends moving in with me this weekend. And I'm worried about her finding out about me."

"Hmm," Sir thought for a moment. "There is a location where you can keep your equipment if you must."

"Thank you Sir."

"But as for getting away I'm afraid I can be of no assistance," Sir replied. "I will send you the location tomorrow."

"Thank you again Sir," Joe said as he stood up to leave. He left the building and headed straight over to Kirra's apartment. He walked up to her floor and knocked on the door. A few seconds later she came out.

"Hey babe, thanks for doing this again," she said as she greeted him.

"No worries at all," Joe replied.

"So," Kirra started, "I've got everything packed up ready to go. I just need a lift driving them there and unpacking."

"Let's go!" Joe said enthusastically. Joe grabbed as many boxes as he could carry downstairs and piled the into Kirra's car parked in the garage. Once her car was full he began piling them into the back of his car.

They only just made it with out having to make a second trip. Joseph squeezed into the car and they both headed off to 'their' house. On they were there it was just a matter of unloading and unpacking. Which took a while, but was pretty easy. By six o'clock that night the house was looking pretty different.